Triumph 675 Forums banner

Who is running a 15T front on a 2013+

7K views 40 replies 21 participants last post by  Momo1970 
#1 ·
I was just curious as how many of you are running lower gearing then stock on a 2013+

I just got my sprocket and I'm about to install it, I was hoping it would get rid of that dip just off idle that sometimes causes a stall. I believe the first gear is to tall and I think this will fix the only issue with this bike.

#4 ·
I was just curious as how many of you are running lower gearing then stock on a 2013+

I just got my sprocket and I'm about to install it, I was hoping it would get rid of that dip just off idle that sometimes causes a stall. I believe the first gear is to tall and I think this will fix the only issue with this bike.
I too a the slightest of dip when coming off the line but if I stay on the pipe she rockets through the dip and almost out of control lol. But I was considering a 49t on the back instead

#10 ·
No.... Don't worry about top end...it will still pull 'very' cleanly all the way close to 'in jail' 140. A little more fuel 'in-economy', but please, do we really care about going from 48mpg to 46......or 43 to 38.......

Go fot it. 16/50. It will shorten the wheelbase and all of a sudden you will have what you want. A 'outboard' motor sounding wheely mother terrorist!

#14 ·
I am bumping this thread to get more input from other 2013/14 street owners. I am still on the fence on changing the front sprocket to a 15 tooth. Has anyone gone back to stock after trying the 15 up front? I also thought about going to 49 on the rear instead but the rear tire is already almost all the way forward so I'd probably have to buy a longer chain. Going to 15 on the front would give it the same gearing as the 2013+ daytona, slightly longer wheelbase and ~ 500 higher rpms at highway speeds. I was set on doing this change, but after doing the speed throttle tube mod, I'm not sure if a sprocket change is required anymore other than the very long first gear and slight dip coming off the line that some members have noticed as well.

#15 ·
I went " the Other Way" and instead, went +1- hate it. Back to stock next week. Decided that I'm never gonna get a 'cruising' 6th gear on this bike, and, with that determined- am willing to do what you are doing, a -1 tooth front!

For the $15.22 delivered price of any front Sprocket- check it out, and, see if works to your advantage. An impact wrench is VERY helpful to do it, but, other than that- it's remove & replace. Finally, you DO loose the rubber grommet which is supposed to be a noise reducer on the stock 15 tooth, but, I found no increase in noise at any RPM in any gear with the +1 set up...

Fuel Economy- whatever. It may have increased mine, but, the overall demeanor of the bike changed for the worse (less of that insane rev piling that I so love), so, the +1 has to go. Do 'post up' your results, so, I can understand if the Hooligan nature is increased- maybe eve at lower RPM's- which wouldn't be a bd thing at all...

#16 ·
Great info, thanks all. I definitely have issues accelerating aggressively from a stop. It's really cut the ease and enjoyment around town. I've never had a bike that was this finicky from a stop. Also coming from several litre bikes and busa so having to abuse my clutch blows. I'm going to a 16/49, almost all my riding is on twisty so mpg/cruise rpm are not an important consideration. It's nice to hear others are having similar issues, I thought it was just because I'm a fat turd;-)

#18 ·
I've got a 15T and I love it. The bike is so much zippier in stop-start traffic. It's made all my rides so much more pleasurable, I would never go back the stock gearing. The revs are a bit higher but it's a small price to pay and I haven't noticed any difference in fuel consumption.

#20 ·
You guys buying any particular brand when it comes to 15T for the 13-14s?

#23 ·
That's it! I'm gonna do it. I HATE the 17 tooth front, and, pretty much said it in my review of the +1 Front Sprocket Thread. But, everyone & their brother is loving the -1 Front Sprocket, so, I'm gonna get one ($15.22 + FREE Shipping!) As long as they are in there- replacing the hated +1- why not just do it right and go -1. We are talking about a $15.22 variance, and, now that I'm not speeding anymore, I may as well enjoy the acceleration up to the very low limit, right? And, shorter gearing will allow me to use my quickshifter more often- and, that's why I got it! If I redline it in 5th gear- I'll lose my license, so, shorter gearing may actually help!

(yes, this is a rant to myself, validating why I'm gonna spend $15.22 for a shorter front sprocket)

Rant over

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.