Triumph 675 Forums banner

23 years total service.. I retired TODAY!

4K views 22 replies 21 participants last post by  DaytonaSpidey 
#1 ·
Just want to say how good it feels to know i just finaled out of the US ARMY! !:bouncy:
DD Fm 214 in hand, copy of clearing papers, leave forms blah blah blah..
If you have never been in the military the feeling is hard to explain, but FREE is the words i think of most. This is the time i would say pass me a joint, but i dont smoke..

Also really want to thank OKTRIPLE (TOM) & Neanderthal (ARDELL, for the great hospitality in the Midewest and riding down in Akransas, you truly made me feel at home..:grouphug2:
Now back to oregon and hopefully new riding friends from this site?:whistle:

#4 ·
Congrats man. I cant wait till I get out of the navy.

#7 ·
Sounding like convicts :thumbup:

#12 ·
Thanks for the replies guys,...

Guess i didn't do a very good on the risk assessment, as 2146 miles in 34 hours, SOLO.... Must say i am a bit tired!

#14 ·
Congrats....

on retirement and thank you for your service. I know the feeling well, I retired 3 yrs ago from the Army with 20 yrs, 6 mo and 5 days.

But whos counting......

nb

#17 ·
Haha, I remember the morning I went to Admin to pick up my DD 214....I felt like a kid on Christmas....although, I quickly came to the realization that my two months of terminal was over...which was kind of sad. Terminal was pretty much the best time ever. Hah. Congrats brother.

#20 ·
Congrats! 23 years is a long time! "Free" is the perfect way to describe it! I'm about to finish my 4th year and that still feels like an eternity. I should be getting out but with the way advancement is going the Navy seems to be trying to dig its claws into me and keep me in.

Once again Congrats!

#21 ·
Congrats! 23 years is a long time! "Free" is the perfect way to describe it! I'm about to finish my 4th year and that still feels like an eternity. I should be getting out but with the way advancement is going the Navy seems to be trying to dig its claws into me and keep me in.
Once again Congrats!
Thank you guys, indeed the time at some points felt like purgatory, other times went so fast i can't even remember what happened... But for sure a life experience..

#22 ·
Damn where have I been. 3 pages and 2 weeks into this thread before I saw it.
Well....congrats on moving on to new adventures in life. I look forward to riding with you again at the Rat Raid:thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.