Triumph 675 Forums banner

Danmotos smells like food?

4K views 25 replies 14 participants last post by  punani 
#1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has smelt the ends of their exhausts after a ride. Mine strangely smells sort of like a sweet saucy meal.

Tony

#5 ·
No, it's real carbon. I don't think there's any problem with the actual carbon fibre, but I've seen a couple examples of the clear coat cooking off, crackling and burning. It's not pretty.

Go for a good long ride on a hot day and let us know how you go.

O.B

#4 ·
If it smells like bacon, then I'm ready to swap out my Arrows:nod:

#12 ·
Ditto

I too have the carbon fibre on my 2012 ST-R / Black and they look the sheet... but i orderd the baffles after nearly going deaf and then thought they were ok, but recently bought some stainless steel brillo and some stainless steel tie wraps and I'm going to deaden them a bit more. I think they are alright as they are, but where you sit on the bike is right in the sweet spot of the sounc. Lead forward and it's just right, but not a natural position without clip ons.

I'll repost on the results. Love those DM-GPS... all the look for 1/4 the cost. If they last a year, I've done well. :)

#13 ·
I had the dan moto cans twin set up sounded nice no problems but they stuck out too far from the rear so decided to buy the TOR can and is the dogs under carriage bought the carbon end for it runs at 104 db and there's no off the shelf db killer (that I've found) done a 89db track day with it with a kinda bodged baffle from the dan moto cans

#17 ·
You dont need the wire straps inside. I just stuffed mine with coarse steel wool and they sound 100% better muffled a bit more. I thought about looking for an aftermarket longer baffle from the cruiser crowd that fits, but the wool is working great.

#19 ·
Straps

yeah, I wasn't sure if stuffing the inside would be too dense, so I wrapped the outside. Next time I won't.

By they way; how long has the alluminum brillo lasted?

#25 ·
There is a cutting lube that is entirely made from a plant. I use it myself. Color is green but turns to brown like an apple after exposure to air. It has a unique smell thats not toxic like petro chemicals. I can smell the same odor on bent tubing while working on my next exhaust project. So I would say they use it on the pipe bending machines also.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.