Triumph 675 Forums banner

Race manual for the 675 / 2009-2012

2K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  TriumphChris675 
#1 ·
I searched to this in the forum, and ended up having to get it from Triumph. I figured I would post it here for anyone that needed it in the future.

Here is the Race Manual in PDF for anyone making the upgrades this season.

http://assets1.triumphmotorcycles.com/files/content/Daytona_675_Race_Manual_2009.pdf

Take a look at the super trick location they put the rectifier. This is why I had to find the manual, I needed to figure out where the hell I had to move it to. I love where they put it to be honest, and I can't imagine why that is not the stock location.

When you buy the harness it comes with this trick aluminum mounting plate and a few bolts for the mount.

On a side note: For anyone that wanted to know, the race harness is 2.71 LB lighter than the standard. That is not even including all the crap the new harness doesn't support.

#5 · (Edited)
There's nothing trick about that location. That is where it was mounted on pre-09 Daytonas and on all Street Triples including current models. The reason it was moved is that it gets very hot there and is a cause of R/R failures. Yes it can be installed without removing the shock as that is how you do it on replacement kits. The current kit has it mounted rearward not forward like in the picture. The catalog is pretty much 4 years old at this point so there are a number of small changes that have been made that aren't in it.

#7 ·
That's not surprising, but with a 2"+ pipe and the Olin's shock in the way, one of them had to go, and I was not about to remove that FMF and all the safety wire for a fourth time.

I can see how it would be an easy task with the OEM setup, but not with all my oversized aftermarket goodies in the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#8 ·
Take a look at the super trick location they put the rectifier.
I love where they put it to be honest, and I can't imagine why that is not the stock location.
There's nothing trick about that location. That is where it was mounted on pre-09 Daytonas and on all Street Triples including current models.
I can see how it would be an easy task with the OEM setup, but not with all my oversized aftermarket goodies in the way.
You beat me to it MacBandit.

Although I have a 2006 model and was just replacing the crap OE R/R with the improved unit, I do have a Nitron race shock fitted, but just the standard pipe, all I had to do to fit the new bracket and R/R was to remove the top shock mount bolt, swing the shock backwards and then fit bracket and R/R. A little fiddly, however not difficult.

#9 ·
They turned the RR forward facing to try and keep it a little cooler. Why or why they didn't put it in the air flow like for example the Suzuki race kit which puts it in one of the fairing openings I don't know. The RR needs plenty of cool air flowing across it not hidden behind the engine.
I have the race kit manual for the pre 2008 if any one wants a copy?

#10 ·
I don't believe the instructions to face it towards the engine was done so for cooling. I believe it's just because that's the way they use to mount it. The original R/R units came facing forward. It wasn't until the replacement Mosfet units came out that they started facing it rearward. This is long after the race kit manual was published so my bet is it's just old info. It has to cool better facing backward even with the pipe there then it would with no airflow trapped against the hot motor. In any case you could alway wrap that section of pipe to cut down on R/R heat but obviously not wrapping the whole pipe and just a section could affect exhaust flow dynamics.

#15 ·
i relocated mine attached it to the undertray AWAY from all the heat of the motor. i would NOT mount the r/r behing the shock next to the motor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.