Triumph 675 Forums banner

Street triple with Daytona windscreen

15K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  JustSomeGuy 
#1 · (Edited)
See less See more
#7 ·
Where would one find one of those? Some Google searching hasn't done a damn thing for me.

Really thinking about not replacing my Daytona track bike and using my '14 Striple as a dual street/track bike and picking up a sumo as a second bike. Just need some quick connects for the wiring to the turn signals and headlights and a front fairing and I'm 95% of the way there.

#9 ·
I love the idea! Cant wait to see the end result!

I put a lot 13+ street triple stuff on my bike and had to fabricate a few brackets to make it work, but nothing crazy!

Good luck with the transformation

#17 ·
I have ADD and more bikes = better so getting a 2007 Daytona racebike from Chicago delivered today.

The way I look at it, I saved $300 on that British fiberglass :laugh:

#16 ·
Did you try drilling a couple of lines of holes below the "lip" line? Might solve the turbulence problem by letting a slow and steady current of air exactly at the spot behind which the turbulence is created. I'm no aerodynamicist but I know for a fact that when aircraft designers want to remove the boundary layer that creates turbulence or otherwise unwanted phenomena at a crucial spot (like an engine intake for example) they create holes which suck air... and the problem is gone. In our case you don't need any fancy vacuum tubes sucking air - the pressure differential (front and back) will create the sucking by itself.

Some windshield upgrades (I mostly see them on adventure BMWs) are a piece of plastic attached over the lip, effectively extending it, which nevertheless leaves a very significant 1.x cm gap for air to go through. I'm 100% positive that this gap is to eliminate turbulence. You can recreate the effect with the holes. If you don't mind the aesthetic of a perforated windshield that is :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.