Triumph 675 Forums banner

Fuel Jug

4K views 23 replies 12 participants last post by  Pergrem 
#1 ·
So after searching on the site here, it seems the only threads that talked about this were for 09 and none of the links exist anymore.

Basically looking for a good 5 gallon ish fuel jug, as I am tired of the two I have right now as they are a pain in the ass to use when filling the bike up.

Looking around the internet there does not seem to be many other than the VP and I have heard some bad things about them with leaking.

Anyone have some good jugs they want to show off? Maybe even a DIY one?

#2 ·
#3 ·
EZ Pour is the way to go. Not the one linked though. That one is specifically for water jugs. Get a good red gas can with top and back handles. Then get the easy pour that's specifically designed for that jug. Oh and get the high flow version of the EZ Pour. It comes with an extension and flows a lot faster.

#6 ·
Main reason I like the VP jugs is the clear/white plastic so I can actually see how much fuel I'm adding. I'm sure there are other options that you can find in clear/translucent, but that was a selling point for the VP jugs for me. For a track guy I like to know exactly how much I'm putting in.

#18 ·
have the 'old style' 5 gal no spill after doing a similar search to you. Never leaks if you tighten up the cap well, and never from the spout. It's sort of a medium speed, and 5 gal is fine to handle for a reasonably large dude. I'm very happy with it, never leaked in my truck or on my tank as I poured, the button system is amazing.

#20 ·
About 1/3 the guys at my local track days in norcal use em, the rest use the clear fast fill VP jugs. I was more concerned about spillage than anything, though the form factor of the VP jugs is nice because it takes up less sq footage in the bed of your truck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.