Triumph 675 Forums banner

SC Projects Conic and Daytona Rearsets on STR 2013+

7K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  vignatenko 
#1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I'm sure this has been beaten to death already, but can't seem to find anything in the web or the forum to help me visualize how to solve this issue.

I've attached the rearsets and have mounted the exhaust, but I'm stuck at the point where I need to connect the exhaust to the rearsets. Have purchased an aluminum bar and am thinking of fabricating an extension bracket to connect the two, but wanting to see what others have done since I'm sure there are better ideas out there.

Pictures of mods would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

#2 ·
Voila!

I've gone ahead and made a bracket to link the exhaust and the Daytona rearsets. Here are some pics. Hopefully they'll be useful to someone in the future.

Made 2 3/8" x 1 1/4" aluminum bracket with 8mm holes spaced out 5/8" apart, using a dremel tool and a power drill.

When placing a nut on the inner side of the makeshift bracket, the nut makes contact with the rearset and can scratch it, so I found a piece of sticky padding that is used on the bottom of furniture and placed a small piece where the metal would rub. I used an M8 1.25 x 16 bolt to connect the bracket to the exhaust.

Due to the space that the nut takes up, I had to add multiple washers to the portion that connects the bracket to the rearset so they would match up evenly.

And the finished product! Not beautiful, but it gets the job done :grin2:

#4 ·
Very clean install!

The SC Project will bolt right onto the Striple rearsets, he has Daytona rearsets for his bike which have a slightly different exhaust mount location.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.