Triumph 675 Forums banner

Guess today was my day...

9K views 68 replies 30 participants last post by  Glocken 
#1 ·
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

Came around a curve to a tree in the road, hit it, and low sided into the ditch. F#cked up part is the tree wasn't there earlier. Damage other than the front and fairings are front wheel bent to shit and the forks are leaking bad but don't look bent. Tank on brake side scratched up. Engine covers dirty. Rear tail fairing trashed. Intake duct broke into. It's totaled. I have a replacement insurance policy so we will see what happens there.

Myself? Perfectly fine. Speed was 50ish. ATGATT. Helmet scratched up, but rest of gear is fine minus the dirt.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

See less See more
#3 ·
Good to hear you are ok sir... Sadly your bike is Totalled :crying:

Dibs on buy back :wink3:

#5 ·
I'm going to look it over real good after I talk to the adjuster and if I buy it back, it will be a track bike. Other than the forks, it's all cosmetic.

Next bike, I'm torn between RSV4 or S1000RR. Those are the only two heavy weights I would own. If I stay middle weight another 675. I want to see what the insurance does first.

I was running my goprp at the time,but it's gone. I spent two hours trying to find the damn thing. My guess it went over the hill or something. My insurance should cover that too. I have $3000 insured for accessories.

#16 ·
I'm going to look it over real good after I talk to the adjuster and if I buy it back, it will be a track bike. Other than the forks, it's all cosmetic.

Next bike, I'm torn between RSV4 or S1000RR. Those are the only two heavy weights I would own. If I stay middle weight another 675. I want to see what the insurance does first.

I was running my goprp at the time,but it's gone. I spent two hours trying to find the damn thing. My guess it went over the hill or something. My insurance should cover that too. I have $3000 insured for accessories.

Glad that you are ok. Gear and bikes are replaceable, but we are not. I went from a 675R to a 2015 S1000RR. Man what a bike. Comfortable and fun to ride. Heated hand grips standard. All the electronic goodies you would ever want. But kinda thirsty compared to the Daytona. 180k till light on. But you have fun doing it.

>:)>:)>:)

Attachments

#7 ·
I pray for all the ladies and gents on the forum
Looks like at least one was heard!
Glad you came out alright, sad for the bike. But it can be replaced. Harder to replace Pergrem
If you buy back or part out I'm sure you could make some money here to mod a new bike

#35 ·
I pray for all the ladies and gents on the forum
Looks like at least one was heard!
THANK YOU, friend! Probably explains why I'm not yet a grease stain on Blood Mtn.

Pergrem, sorry about the bike, but glad you're okay. Hope insurance does right by you.

#10 ·
Dairyland Insurance is the company. I've heard they've treated people well when it comes to claims.

The new S1000RR is pretty impressive. Watched a video where a racer put it through some tests and he really liked it. Said they really fixed a lot of the issues with previous generations (mostly electronics).

I'm hoping to be back on two wheels in three weeks.

#13 ·
Glad you weren't hurt, it sucks about the bike, but it can be replaced, I did the CCS school in May at ViR, 2 day, rode the S1000RR, 1st liter bike I'd ridden in a while, I thought it was a nice bike, very fast even in rain mode which I think the bike was in for the 1st half of each day, turn in and steering seemed fine, at the pace I was running, I couldn't complain about the bike. If I was in the market for one, I'd also look at the R and XR, just for the more relaxed riding position. As good as the liter bikes are now, the new Daytona R is still a nice bike, but the electronics on the these bikes are well integrated and maybe save you in an emergency situation.

#14 ·
If I go for more of a relaxed position, I think I would go STR. But I prefer the SS/SB position.

I've made a few inquiries and it looks like October would be the earliest on either the Aprilia or BMW in my area.

Right now the best overall available package of what I would be looking for...and I can't believe I'm saying this...would be the new R1. 5 minutes to setup in GP shift, has a QS and can upgrade to QS up and down shifts via aftermarket, flashable ECU, and good electronic package.

I'll figure it out in the coming weeks as to what I'm going to do. I'm not going to stay out of the saddle for long however. I want to get back out there in 3 weeks max. Even if I have to buy a damn Grom!

#23 ·
You would not be disappointed with one of the new R1's... I would opt for it over the S1000RR any day of the week (both are kind fugly). It is actually somewhat similiar in feel when on it to the Daytona (tall, thin and leans you over)...
If you have a dealer nearby check the new RSV4, it is back on my short list.. especially with the revised motor, over the 2012 Factory model I owned.

#24 ·
I had a chance to sit on a new R1 a while back and I was shocked of how light it was. I didn't expect that. Felt like a 600. I talked to a forum member here about his and he was very informative. I also talked to a dealer near by today and they said 14900 plus tax which is pretty good based on what I've seen. They could have it in two-four weeks. I told him I might be calling him pretty soon. I have access to a R1M if I want it, but it's too damn tall and out of my price range.

I found a few S1000RRs in nearby states but they are marked up about 4k over MSRP. The in state dealer will not have them until October and they wouldn't say if they would wheel and deal or not. My guess they will mark them up.

I have an Aprilia dealer 130 miles from me in Ohio near Columbus. I left them a message as to when to expect the RRs in the showroom. I've seen a few RFs, but again that's out of my price range. I only saw one RR and it's in Houston, marked up of course.

I would no problem waiting until October or even first of the year and I really would like to check out the new RSV4 before I do anything . But as soon as Dairyland writes that check and I pay off what I still owe on the bike (which it not a lot), I'm debt free and my credit will start to drop ugh

#28 ·
You hear horror stories with every Insurance company. If they try to screw me however, I'll take them to court. With the policy I have they either have to buy one to replace it or pay out. I found a replacement at $11,7XX with the exact mileage, same year, 100% stock. And going by KBB that's about right. So it's going to have to be somewhere around that if they pay out. Not including the aftermarket accessories and the helmet which my policy also covers.

I will update this as it goes along. I want this settled in 3 weeks max.

#30 ·
That is scary! Not exactly what you'd expect to find around a corner! Glad to hear you're ok!!

I ran into the guys from Motorcycle magazine a few months ago when they were testing the Kawasaki H2. I chatted with him for a while and the various bikes he tested. He thought the RSV4 was the most impressive and fun bike he'd ridden all year. The S1000RR is good on all levels but the Aprilia has a lot more character. If I wanted something special, I'd probably go with the RSV4.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.