Triumph 675 Forums banner

Halo/Angel eyes

14K views 34 replies 9 participants last post by  z3r0jimmy 
#1 ·
Ok guys, sorry if it's been posted already but I couldn't find it for the recent year models....has anyone set up Halo headlights for their '13+ D675's if so what company? Price? Feasibility/difficulty of install? Pics? Thanks in advance looking to add uniqueness to mine after recovering from its accident (cosmetics)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

See less See more
#19 ·
Those headlights are made by KTMotorcycle. You can get them from their source website, but unless my specific experience was unique, I wouldn't suggest getting anything from them. Customer services sucks, and the headlights don't fit. After going through all the trouble, the HIDs I got are not nearly as bright as advertised (I got 4300k, I'd suggest going for 6000k), and also the projectors point WAY too far down and no matter how much you turn the adjusting screws, they do not go up enough to fix that. More over, since there are only 2 screws, when you turn the upper one it also turns the projectors outwards, so turn them enough and you'll be illuminating the sidewalks instead of the street in front of you.

I asked z3r0jimmy in another post how he's liking the set that he got from bkmoto because I hate mine. I hope to hear some good news because if not, I'm buying a stock headlight assembly and putting that on. I can deal with one headlight for low beam and one for high beam if I don't ever have to take the bike apart again.

#4 ·
From what I understand, most headlight lenses peel right off after you bake them for a bit (i.e. low temp to soften the silicon). However apparently the Daytona lense is actually glued on, not siliconed. So lense removal is difficult.

#10 ·

Now the only issue I have now is keeping the ballasts attached to the fairing and I have to install a switch to turn off the projectors and keep the eyes on and a 3-position switch to switch between Halos, Demon or both but that's later

#12 ·
Bought it from BKMOTO it's made for a ZX-10 but the company assured me that it's compatible with the 675. There's slight changes to the wiring and that's what made it difficult and confusing along with trying to route the wires in such tight areas and finding spots for the inverters, ballasts and control module. You also have to end up using the 675 original wiring for the headlamp connector

#14 ·
I did it myself but it was frustrating and by frustrating i mean to the point I was able to pick up almost 400lbs by the handlebars....back hurt next morning for that lol the absolute worse is the wire routing and lens separation

#16 ·
I did it myself but it was frustrating and by frustrating i mean to the point I was able to pick up almost 400lbs by the handlebars....back hurt next morning for that lol the absolute worse is the wire routing and lens separation

So when I tackle this, any suggestions on how to get the lense off?

#23 ·
There's a switch that controls high and low functions but I prefer high anyways. I was stationed in Vegas so I know what your talking about especially being stuck at the 15/95 loop during rush hour in the heat (went to Carter Powersports before I discovered Ride Now) now as for your questions

A) they kinda do but it's expected coming from the Ballasts and it's barely noticeable but I have them behind the radiator and with the wind blowing through they help cool off

B) the kit is for a ZX10 but the light will fit the Daytona just fine with adjustments to wiring locations and wiring install and you have to drill a hole in your light covers to get the wire seal on it (it'll be the size of the whole center circles just look at the pics so you can see what I'm talking about) as for blinding, it's dead center so it will illuminate EVERYTHING I'd rather temporarily shine someone's side view so they know I'm there compared to not being seen at all

#30 ·
Here's the link to the kit he told me to buy (which I bought and they fit):

http://www.bkmoto.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=18_45&product_id=61

He also asked me to mention in comments what bike it's for when placing the order (in my case: 2015 Daytona 675R).

Note that you may need at least SOME background on wiring, as the kit does not come with instructions (the link on the site that points to instructions is significantly different from our bikes) and there are no videos online for our bike specifically; however - this is the video I found to be closest to help me with wiring:

In the video, he splices the positive low beam wire from the relay into 2 because the bike he's doing it for has 2 connections for the low beam positive. In our case, we have one, so there's no need to splice, simply wire the switch between the positive low beam on the relay and the positive low beam on the bike.
Depending on how many extra lights you want, you may need more instructions (the video is includes halo/angel eyes and demon eyes as well as 2 switches - one for low beam and the other for demon eye).

#31 ·
Sorry for the late responses but yes all these guys are correct. I've been in the middle of getting ready for a deployment so being on here isn't easy. But overall and this is now a few months that I've had it and the lights still shine bright. The only issue I have (and I think it may be wiring or adding) is that I'm stuck in high beam mode and switching between low and hi only shuts off the angel eyes. If anyone know exactly which wires (pictures greatly appreciated) i need to switch or re wire please post here so I can tackle it when I get back in November so people can see the eyes. If not, the ground for the HID are at my gas tank and I can easily splice low profile switches into that.

#32 ·
The only issue I have (and I think it may be wiring or adding) is that I'm stuck in high beam mode and switching between low and hi only shuts off the angel eyes. If anyone know exactly which wires (pictures greatly appreciated) i need to switch or re wire please post here so I can tackle it when I get back in November so people can see the eyes. If not, the ground for the HID are at my gas tank and I can easily splice low profile switches into that.
Wow, that sounds rather strange. I'll post pictures of my connections when I get home. The issue I have is that one of my inverters was bad. The guy at BK sent me another under warranty, but then USPS lost it, so I called him and he sent me another one and said he'll take care filing a claim with USPS himself. That was this week so I'm still waiting to get them in the mail, in the mean time I disconnected both inverters and have the angel eyes off (the bike looks like a silly terminator with only one angel eye on XD ), but when I had everything wired, everything was working great.

One thing that comes to mind is that maybe you connected the angel eye wires to the high beam wire on the relay? If you have a low-beam switch, it's important that the angel eyes wires bypass the switch (i.e. have only the bike's low beam wire connected to the switch and nothing else, while the other end connected to the positive of the low beam on the relay).

I could keep guessing and keep talking, blah, blah, blah - I'm sure it won't help you too much, so I'll wait till I have the pictures to show you.

My set up is HID projectors, angel/halo eyes, low beam switch. (no demon eye).

#33 ·
is there really a reason to put the halo/eyes on a switch? I'd just put the low beams to an on/off and have the eyes on all the time then high beams run off original switch on the controls. I'm still months away from doing this as it will be a winter project. so I've still got a lot of research to do but that seems like the easiest way and the projectors would drown out the colored LEDs.

#34 ·
The switch for angel eyes/halos is for if you have demon eyes as well - in case you ever wanted to shut off the angel eyes and only have demon eyes on.

In my case, I do not have demon eyes, so the angel eyes are wired to be "always on" and the only switch I have is to shut off low beams so that nothing but angel eyes (and the center daytime running light) is on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.