Triumph 675 Forums banner

MOKANAR (mo-ok-kan-ar)

307K views 4K replies 54 participants last post by  Neanderthal 
#1 · (Edited)
MOKANAR (missouri-oklahoma-kansas-arkansas)

Thought I'd start a new thread, as not all of us are from KC. Be nice to have our own header! (hint hint mods)

How much rain you all getting? I have about 3.25" since Thursday night. Raining all day today as well.

#3,980 ·
Street Triple Side bags

Hey y'all, I have side bags and racks that a guy used on his Striple with dual exhaust. I bought them last year without taking into account that one of the rack mounts relied on the high exhuast shield. I have a low exhaust and the bags are useless to me. So I'm just posting here before I list them other places. Here is the OPs description of his build and a link to his pics.

http://www.triumphrat.net/showthread.php?p=1358454

http://s326.photobucket.com/user/RideNazi/library/StripleR/STriple camper?sort=3&page=1

I'd sell them for $45 shipped.

Thx...nlp

#3,994 ·
SWEET!

We gonna get to drool on it in person in a couple weeks?
If there is room in the trailer, it'll be coming along.

Been a long time coming, unfortunately.

Beautiful bike, man. You've got impeccable taste in all two and four wheeled vehicles!
It'll get sorted out. AMG is trying to wrestle 100% of the whole company.
Lots going on there. It did help me negotiate a much more reasonable price.

#3,995 ·
Beautiful MV Agusta. :cheers2:

I'm taking my gang (4 teenagers) to COTA this Saturday and then the Handbuilt show afterwards. They're pretty excited, as am I. They're all staying in East TX with the Grands and I'm riding back home, by way of the Talimena Drive (Mena AR), Sunday afternoon. Looking forward to that ride for sure.

I added some round bar end mirrors, the other day and a Triumph Tiger Strap-On Tank Bag. Here's a couple glamour shots.

nlp

#4,000 ·
Moto GP at COTA was a blast. We were only there for Sat ($20 tickets in Turn 15) and we had a phenomonal time. The fan zone with the various manufacturers on display was a bonus. The craftsmanship at the HandBuilt show in Austin later that night was indescribable.

I rode through South Arkansas last week, down Hwy 7. Don't plan to do that again and if I do, I'll sure slow down before I get to Sparkman, AR. The local cop set up about 2 miles outside of town and clocked me for 76 in a 55. Thankfully he had never seen a Street Triple before and ended up asking me a lot of questions before letting me go with a warning. whew...

I'm planning to join y'all on Sat 4/30, if you'll have me. Did y'all do a MOKANAR shirt this year?

Thx...nlp

#4,001 ·
Moto GP at COTA was a blast. We were only there for Sat ($20 tickets in Turn 15) and we had a phenomonal time. The fan zone with the various manufacturers on display was a bonus. The craftsmanship at the HandBuilt show in Austin later that night was indescribable.

I rode through South Arkansas last week, down Hwy 7. Don't plan to do that again and if I do, I'll sure slow down before I get to Sparkman, AR. The local cop set up about 2 miles outside of town and clocked me for 76 in a 55. Thankfully he had never seen a Street Triple before and ended up asking me a lot of questions before letting me go with a warning. whew...

I'm planning to join y'all on Sat 4/30, if you'll have me. Did y'all do a MOKANAR shirt this year?

Thx...nlp
Nice that he let you off the hook for 20-over, especially a local performance-evaluator, lol. :smile2:

No shirts this year. Maybe we'll have a wet t-shirt contest though. Forecast for next week is not looking good so far. It's early though, and the forecasts have not been too accurate.

#4,002 ·
Forecasts are between 40% and 60% chance of rain each day but I suspect that will change where some days are more likely to rain and some days less. Bring rain gear - it will probably get used.

#4,010 ·
Since we're posting 'other bikes'
This is my 1981 CB750F SS Project bike (yellow) and roughly what I am trying to put it back to (black)
It belonged to my best friend who bought it new in 1982. He died from cancer in 2006. This is THE bike that inspired me to start riding. So far things are checking out OK but I won't really know what I need till the carbs are rebuilt. Still need to rebuild brake calipers and master cylinders and replace rear turn signals and chain and a reflector on the headlight. Then paint and stripes

I plan to keep the low bars, keep the engine painted black and keep the heat tape on the exhaust. It needs to stay true to what the bike was modified to back in 1982.

Attachments

#4,014 ·
Hopefully Nate will see this and provide some insight, he's closest to you. I do all my own service, except for the 12,000 mile valve checks. It's really easy to do the other scheduled service items on your own, just peruse through the forum Maintenance Section and get yourself a copy of the Factory Service Manual.

Back to dealer service - I've taken mine to the Springfield Powersports dealer in Springfield, MO. I bought the bike at El Dorado Cycle, in El Dorado Springs, MO. They are no longer a Triumph dealership, but I have been told that the service tech (Derrick) is still there. I will try to get this confirmed for the next scheduled check - if he is indeed there, and able to service my bike - then I will def be taking it back to him.

#4,021 · (Edited)
#4,022 ·
#4,023 ·
and last of all, here's one of their guys proudly showing off his 'meat'.... bruh.

#4,026 ·
Glad to hear the arrest report was a joke. Looks like maybe the popo had some interest in them but as long as no one got hurt and no one was arrested, its all good.

Reactions: natelepain
#4,030 ·
I got pulled over last week for speeding. I wasn't and the fat slob knew it beforehand and didn't ticket me for speeding. But... he did write me for "Improper Plate Position", a $195 ticket. I plan to contest the ticket and am still ticked off about it. The code in AR is a bit unclear and this cop was just looking for anything he could write. My plate wasn't visible enough for his liking. I changed the angle to make it more visible. I also relocated the tag on my Husky today just for precaution. The slob was trolling working folks on their morning commute.

Good luck y'all.

nlp

#4,031 ·
I got pulled over last week for speeding. I wasn't and the fat slob knew it beforehand and didn't ticket me for speeding. But... he did write me for "Improper Plate Position", a $195 ticket. I plan to contest the ticket and am still ticked off about it. The code in AR is a bit unclear and this cop was just looking for anything he could write. My plate wasn't visible enough for his liking. I changed the angle to make it more visible. I also relocated the tag on my Husky today just for precaution. The slob was trolling working folks on their morning commute.

Good luck y'all.

nlp
What town is he working?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.