Triumph 675 Forums banner

TRex Strapless Tie Downs

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Hokie 
#1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has picked up these strapless tie downs from TRex and what they think of them...

http://t-rex-racing.com/catalog.php?item=457

Pricing seems great even with buying their recommended axle block sliders to attach their tie downs to.

#2 ·
Indeed something to consider for sure, far cheaper than $280 for the pitbull and this would work on multiple bikes if you have their axle blocks.

#4 ·
lol.... This looks like a joke to me. Firstly - they ride up into a wheel chalk to get things stabilized and lined up. So what's the point of having the rear tie downs? Second - by itself, those tie-downs do not offer much lateral security.

IMO - you are much better off with a locking wheel chalk (like a Baxley) to start with. If you are only concerned with transporting 1, and only 1 bike, the Pit Bull TRS is fine as well. Issue with the Pit Bull TRS, is the pin system used really limits you and drives the cost way up and the practicality way down.

#7 ·
Yeah, this is a dealbreaker:

"Keep in mind you will still need a front wheel chock to keep the front end of the bike secure."

I think I'm just gonna get better chocks and call it - I hate how mine digs into my wheel (especially on hot days). Other than that, though, I'm quite comfortable with my system - I got the super short straps so I can tie down without compressing the forks.

Attachments

#6 ·
i have huge trust issues when it comes to towing a bike lol. those things look like with enough vibration they could simply loosen themselves. for short travel maybe, but when i drive from CA to TX 4 straps and my wheel chock on my trailer is what i count on. the pitbull system though i would try over this as it looks more sturdy and solid. just from my personal opinion not something i trust to use.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.