Triumph 675 Forums banner

Need help with TTX set up

3K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Momo1970 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,
I installed Daytona R Ohlins TTX Shock on my Street Triple RX. In addition I installed Kyle Racing linear suspension link. While the suspension low speed function is much improved the suspension fast speed is way too harsh. It seems as I'm hitting what I call "compression wall" every time I hit large bump on the road. What would be a good base set up for street riding using the Ohlins TTX?
BTW, I have my rider sag set up at 34MM.

#3 · (Edited)
Hi Guys,
I installed Daytona R Ohlins TTX Shock on my Street Triple RX. In addition I installed Kyle Racing linear suspension link. While the suspension low speed function is much improved the suspension fast speed is way too harsh. It seems as I'm hitting what I call "compression wall" every time I hit large bump on the road. What would be a good base set up for street riding using the Ohlins TTX?
BTW, I have my rider sag set up at 34MM.
Adding this link into the equation is going to really limit anyone's ability to give you a decent answer. PM sent.

#7 ·
OK, so what is your TTX set up? before I installed the link, i had my TTX set up as follow: Compression 13 clicks from fully close, Rebound 13 clicks from fully close.
Bike was steering well, holding line well, but was harsh on bumpy stuff. I've been told that the root cause was the progressive link and the nature of the TTX which load compression in very progressive way. To slow things up requires: 1) less progressive link 2) re-valve the TTX to modify its hi- speed compression load.
I have done #1 but have not done #2. Suspension is still harsh on high speed movement.

#8 · (Edited)
33mm rider sag (my undressed weight is 149 lbs)
Ohlins spring: 21141-34/100 L0912
Rebound: 16 clicks out
Comp: 19 clicks out

Have not had an opportunity to really push it at these settings yet, been slowly working thru the settings when weather / time permit.

Mods - I think this thread would be better off located in the Street Triple sub-forum?

#9 ·
The problem with linear linkages on the street is just this, not as well suited for hitting large bumps and other things. The shock has to be adjusted to suit for sure.. where the progressive linkage the spring itself and the ratio aids in dealing with bumps..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.