Triumph 675 Forums banner

What did you do to your Street Triple today?

1M views 7K replies 630 participants last post by  Joe Garfield 
#1 ·
I installed the rest of my frame sliders from motovation. Got the front, rear and engine ones done... and did the rim tape yesterday :)

Attachments

See less See more
#2,941 ·
got a sargent seat from forum member DarrenKav. The bucket seems to fit my ass quite well, it was quite comfy on the short ride i went on. I think I'll keep the stock seat for track days as its easier to move side to side on. The sargent definitely gets the nod for daily commuting and such though.

#2,945 ·
Per Neanderthal and tp555's request here is a video comparing a wimpy stock horn with the Stebel horn I just installed:

Sorry if it doesn't embed right, as I'm not sure how it's done on this site.

Also (you might catch the left one in the video) I've installed my Rizoma front signals, as well as the carbon fiber swingarm covers I got from Aviator. While I had the airbox off to do the wiring for the signals I went ahead and removed my AIS hardware and replaced them with the Driven block offs. I just need to make sure I don't forget to plug her into my laptop so I can switch off the AIS sensor before I fire her back up next spring.

#2,950 · (Edited)
better brakes any one????

Per Neanderthal and tp555's request here is a video comparing a wimpy stock horn with the Stebel horn I just installed:

That is brilliant

I was in the same boat as a lot of people and found my standard ST3 brakes to be a little lacking, had given them a fresh bleed new pads was on the market when i stumbled across this by chance

Fuel tank Motorcycle Vehicle Bicycle handlebar Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Motorcycle

Fuel tank Tire Automotive lighting Light Motorcycle

the master cylinder is off a gsxr 600 09 model, its an 11/16th piston (17mm)

brake lines bolt strait up with no modes needed, lever feel is so much better then stock with just a bit more power.

overall Im very happy with the final result

a mate had one lying around after he upgraded to a brembo rc19. Ive seen them on ebay from $30 - $100 well worth the small price for better braking performance, and being off a gixxer there every where and plenty of spare parts plus after market

#2,947 ·
Right after I posted that video above, I checked the mail and my Sargent seat from FRide5385 finally came! So I slapped it on and took some pictures of it with and without my seat cowl. I took some of the Rizoma "Action" signals too. Enjoy!

Sent by carrier pigeon.

Attachments

#2,948 ·
Right after I posted that video above, I checked the mail and my Sargent seat from FRide5385 finally came! So I slapped it on and took some pictures of it with and without my seat cowl. I took some of the Rizoma "Action" signals too. Enjoy!

Sent by carrier pigeon.
The base for your turn signals...where did you get that?

#2,949 ·
Fitted the Sato Racing shift spindle holder. Didn't notice any difference in shifting but after 8000km there's probably not much free play anyway. It's more for insurance against breaking the shift shaft with the quickshifter.

#2,953 ·
Since they didn't ship the 675 "world exclusive" supplement with the October issue of BIKE (at least not to this side of the pond), some of us have exchanged it on .pdf format - you'll need Adobe Acrobat to read it.

If anyone needs a copy of it send me a PM with your email address.
Woof. I don't know if a double is necessary. My single horn should be enough to make the average cell phone yaking d-bag spill their mochacino in their lap. But if you have the patience to mount and wire them both up, go get em. All I know is, I can't wait for the next a-hole to drift into my lane.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Motorcycle.com Free App

#2,963 ·
I got that it was for me anyway. It's not needed. I guess that's why I have not done it. The wires are already there though so a simple plug in and bolt on. I might just do it in the future. Then I can upload a double dual horn Stebel video for shits and giggles!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

#2,961 ·
What model stebel is that?

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Motorcycle.com App

#2,970 ·
I'm at the final stages of my 12K service. Re-shimed and put the cams back in, installed APE manual CCT, new spark plugs, and valve cover back on.

I began this job 2 weeks ago, was not able to complete it in my time off. Picked it back up a couple days ago. It is lots of work.

Today I will reconnect all electronics, and try my hand at TuneECU. Check for DTC's, balance throttle bodies, possible re-map, and TPS/Adaptation reset.

Lastly, oil and filter change. Was planning on installing the, Renthal clipons, but I'm tired of working on the bike for now.:laugh:

When ALL is complete, I will post a thread on "12K service observations". I will include "tips" that may save future DIY adventurers some headache.

#2,971 ·
I'm at the final stages of my 12K service. Re-shimed and put the cams back in, installed APE manual CCT, new spark plugs, and valve cover back on.

I began this job 2 weeks ago, was not able to complete it in my time off. Picked it back up a couple days ago. It is lots of work.

Today I will reconnect all electronics, and try my hand at TuneECU. Check for DTC's, balance throttle bodies, possible re-map, and TPS/Adaptation reset.

Lastly, oil and filter change. Was planning on installing the, Renthal clipons, but I'm tired of working on the bike for now.:laugh:

When ALL is complete, I will post a thread on "12K service observations". I will include "tips" that may save future DIY adventurers some headache.
Looking forward to it :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.