Triumph 675 Forums banner

Triumph after sales support, not that great :(

5K views 24 replies 16 participants last post by  Tbone675 
#1 ·
:nomore:

I put my battery in my 2010 D675 SE for the first time this year and fired it up. Turned over and started no problem. As it sat and idled I noticed the lights and dash flickering. So knowing the history of the whole RR fiasco I threw the multimeter on the battery and it was 12.1 and dropping as it idled and remained the same at all rpms. It was running of battery voltage and not charging at all.

I emailed triumph after sales with my vin, they said my RR is under recall. Great, easy fix. Now for the rub. My local dealer went out. There is no dealer close, nothing under a 2 hr drive. I called a few dealers to see if there was anything they could do. As predicted not without bringing the bike in. (I was hoping to hit a cool dealer but not so much....) So next was a phone call to Triumph to see if they could help me out. I explained that I don't own a truck and my car doesn't have a hitch, so my only recourse is to rent a truck to drive 2.5hrs one way to have a dealer remove 2 bolts and 2 connectors and replace it. (assuming they have one in stock) They are a big company and don't really care (like all big companies) about the customer. Its not my fault my RR failed, its not my fault the local dealer went out, but I'm getting screwed. Ill spend more taking the bike in then a aftermarket RR would cost.....

So this is just a FYI dont expect Triumph to go above and beyond. "Minimum service for maximum profit."

See less See more
#2 ·
:nomore:

I put my battery in my 2010 D675 SE for the first time this year and fired it up. Turned over and started no problem. As it sat and idled I noticed the lights and dash flickering. So knowing the history of the whole RR fiasco I threw the multimeter on the battery and it was 12.1 and dropping as it idled and remained the same at all rpms. It was running of battery voltage and not charging at all.

I emailed triumph after sales with my vin, they said my RR is under recall. Great, easy fix. Now for the rub. My local dealer went out. There is no dealer close, nothing under a 2 hr drive. I called a few dealers to see if there was anything they could do. As predicted not without bringing the bike in. (I was hoping to hit a cool dealer but not so much....) So next was a phone call to Triumph to see if they could help me out. I explained that I don't own a truck and my car doesn't have a hitch, so my only recourse is to rent a truck to drive 2.5hrs one way to have a dealer remove 2 bolts and 2 connectors and replace it. (assuming they have one in stock) They are a big company and don't really care (like all big companies) about the customer. Its not my fault my RR failed, its not my fault the local dealer went out, but I'm getting screwed. Ill spend more taking the bike in then a aftermarket RR would cost.....

So this is just a FYI dont expect Triumph to go above and beyond. "Minimum service for maximum profit."
Do you really expect that Triumph (or any other company) would send a truck to pick up your bike?

#4 ·
You don't think they might want to have a mechanic check to see if it actually is faulty first?
Just because there is a recall, it doesn't mean that all are necessarily faulty.
I don't think it's unreasonable of Triumph or any other company to verify firstly that he has a bike affected by the recall, or that the part is actually faulty and requires a replacement.
I'm not saying that the OP is making up anything either...
It's just unfortunate that he doesn't have a dealer close to him any longer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 ·
You don't think they might want to have a mechanic check to see if it actually is faulty first?
Just because there is a recall, it doesn't mean that all are necessarily faulty.
I don't think it's unreasonable of Triumph or any other company to verify firstly that he has a bike affected by the recall, or that the part is actually faulty and requires a replacement.
I'm not saying that the OP is making up anything either...
It's just unfortunate that he doesn't have a dealer close to him any longer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Got to agree with this. Triumph isn't going to just send parts to people based on their claim.

#7 ·
Ask if you can send your RR to the dealer for a look and exchange. If that is refused then it is less then ideal CS but not unrealistic as pointed out in a few replies.

#12 ·
I don't expect them to pick up the bike. I was just hoping for a little cooperation maybe even sympathy for my situation. My first bike new bike was a tornado red 06 675, back in the days when you had to pre order one because each dealer only got 3... I really don't think I'm asking to much. I even offered to pay up front for the new one and send my old one in and get a refund when it was confirmed faulty.

Yes I'm just *****ing so I feel better, I ordered a hotshot from TJ yesterday so I fixed the issue myself. It just kills me that they are such jerks over a part that is known faulty and under recall. I have proof that it's my vin in my name. I'm sure they keep records of what has been done under recall, it's not like I'm doing this once a week making millions selling RRs on eBay.

#17 ·
yep.

"oops, cross connected wires, fried replacement item"

Triumph has no idea how skilled you are but does have the responsibility that the bike is repaired by someone they can hold accountable.

HD ought to pick up bikes. For what they charge for those things, they should come to your house for oil changes, tune ups and general hand holding.

x

Reactions: Jstu202
This post has been deleted
#23 ·
I don't think it's a safety recall. When I put my vin in on the Triumph site under safety recall nothing comes up.

My new RR came in the mail already. 2 days from riders discount. Thanks TJ. I'll install sometime this or next week.

I was also thinking I'll make a dealer trip when it's up and running, make a ride out of it. I'll bring the old RR swap it in there parking lot push it in have them warranty the recall part and either keep it as a spare or give it away or something.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.