Triumph 675 Forums banner

t rex frame sliders

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  2PumpChump 
#1 ·
Does anyone know if the t rex racing frame sliders on the 13+ 675 daytonas fit sharkskinz without cutting?

#3 ·
I got T-rex bundle (the whole set: frame/axle sliders; spools; clutch/crank case covers; etc.) on my 2015 Daytona 675R and it's far from a perfect fit, but if you fidget with them, they fit, except for one major problem:

On the right side, the frame slider with the provided spacers will stick out too far for the fairing to snuggly fit over it (it sticks out so much that you have to force/bend the fairing to bolt it on and EVEN THEN, you will have one connection point in the rear-middle where the bolt won't reach the hole).
To remedy this, I got my abrasive cutoff disc on an angle grinder and cut the spacers and bolts to make them shorter, thus bringing the slider closer to the body of the bike, so it's a bit jaggedy now, but it's under the cowling/fairing where you can't see it, so who cares :whistle:

I'll post pictures later.

#4 ·
Here's the picture:
Tire Wheel Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting

As you can see, the spacer (A) is holding the frame slider too far from the bike's body which is making the fairing stick out too far, making it impossible to bolt on the screw from (C) to (B).

I've modified mine so it sits snug now and the screw fits. I bought mine on Ebay and I can't remember what the title says, but I'm pretty sure it was for my year model. I did not bother talking to customer service because I had one problem after another with mods and didn't want to deal with it again (i.e., taking pictures, sending it to seller, waiting for them to ship the correct one, etc.) so I decided to do it myself. A chop saw would have been ideal for the job, but an angle grinder is your next best option.

I should note though, that particular seller was superb when it comes to customer service. I had missing items and did not contact them until 2 month's later and they still went ahead and sent the parts, no questions asked.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.