Triumph 675 Forums banner

2013 Street Triple RX conversion

99K views 130 replies 44 participants last post by  David CU 
#1 · (Edited)
When the pics of the '15 Street Triple RX came out I really wanted one (minus the red wheels). Since I already had the quickshift installed, I began seeking information on what was required to make the transformation. SEARCH turned up mcarnold's daytona tail fairing thread. I PM'd him and he not only answered all of my questions, but even went as far as gave me part #'s and even found them on this forum and ebay. Really cool. Thanks mcarnold for all of your help.

So below is my conversion. It's a 2013 Matte Graphite Street Triple R.

Parts required are:

Complete '13-'14 Daytona rear fairing. l/r side, under pan, top plate. (The brake light is the same) rear seat and or seat cowl and driver's seat.
I found a comfort seat on ebay.

(1) Front Bridge: Part # T2070164
(4) Rubber Foot 4mm deep: Part # T2307369
(4) M6X16 screws: Part # T3330334
(2) M6X15 bolts for the driver seat: Part # T3330858

2013-14 Daytona seat lock bracket and cable. I found mine on ebay.

Tools needed:
#9 Drill bit for 6mm hole
I got the set below from Harbor Freight for like $20 I believe

M6 Tap. This tap works great as when it cuts it pulls all of the metal shavings out. No need to stop, backout and restart. Just one continuous turn.

5mm and 6mm Allen head socket:

T30 Torx socket:

Step 1: Remove rear panels, brake light, bracket, tail tidy.
Step 2: Remove key assembly and cable from l side fairing.
Step 3: Test fit Daytona pieces:

Step 4: Mark holes for front fairing
Step 5: Using the 9 Drill Bit. Make 4 holes for the bridge and 2 holes for the fairing.

Step 6: Tap the holes with the M6 Tap.
Holes tapped and bridge mounted looks like this.

Step 7: Remove this spacer from beneath the canister to make clearance for the driver seat:

If you have a white Street Triple R, you should be good to go with the color as the Daytona pieces are already white and you can order a seat cowl in white. With mine being Matte Graphite I had to hunt down the color code and then send them to get painted. The formula below is from Axalta Coating Systems (Dupont) Tech Support. I was referred to them by Triumph.

1 Pint for Matte Graphite:

.5 Pint for Matte Graphite:

I painted the screen accents in red. When the parts returned from paint, they looked like this:

I had the underpan hydro dipped in the same carbon fiber pattern I did my rear hugger, chain guard and tank accents.

Reassembly:
Step 1: Feed rear cable of seat lock through L side fairing and mount.
Step 2: Mount rear seat lock bracket.
Step 3: Mount Rear brake light to underpan and mount underpan to bike.
Step 4: Mount tail tidy.
Step 5: Mount front bridge.
Step 6: Mount L side fairing.
Step 7: Mount R side fairing.
Step 8: Mount top bracket.
Step 9: Mount driver seat.
Step 10: Mount passenger seat or cowl.
Step 11: Take pics and admire how much better she looks!!!

GOODIES:

Triumph - Arrow Slip On/ECU Tune
Triumph - Quick Shifter
Triumph - FlySreen
Triumph - Belly Pan
Triumph - Seat Cowl
Triumph - Heated Grips
Triumph - Frame Protectors
Triumph - LED Turn Signals
Triumph - Tail Pack
Triumph - Bar End Mirrors
Triumph - Black anodized F/R Brake Reservoirs
Triumph - Fork Protectors
Triumph - Tank Pad
Triumph - Red Chain Adjustment blocks
Triumph - Red Paddock Stand Bobbins
Triumph - Red Shifter Bracket
Triumph - Red Oil Fill Cap
Triumph - Red Dip Stick
Triumph - Chain Guard
Triumph - 2013 Daytona rear end conversion
Triumph - 2013 Daytona rear seat cowl
Triumph - 2013 Daytona comfort seat
Carbon Fiber dipped: Chain guard, rear hugger, tank fairings and undertail.
ASV - C5 Clutch and Brake Levers
EVOTECH - Tail Tidy
Powerlet - Outlet for GPS
Shkusbpowersocket
Cyclops LED Headlights

See less See more
#6 ·
Thanks! Hopefully it will save other people who are looking to do this conversion some time.

Is there a name for the carbon fiber pattern? I want to do this to my bike. Where did you have it done?

Thanks
I had Jim of k2 concepts do the work for me. His shop is out in Palm Springs. Not sure of the pattern name, but I know that it is black paint with a gold carbon over the top. I really like how it looked at his shop when I was choosing a pattern. He's currently pretty busy as the holidays are rolling around. But I'm sure he'd love to help when available.

Another option is to look up hydrographics or water transfer printing in your area. There might be a shop locally available. Beats having to ship your stuff and you can choose any pattern you like. Shops should have an abundance of available patterns.

Below are pics of the pieces I had done.

Ken, it looks awesome my man. Have you had a chance to ride with the new tail yet? It is less comfortable but its so much easier to move around on the seat and lean off the bike. You did a hell of a job.

What will be our next project? I want to redo my front end, drop in some tona cams with custom tune.
Thx Mike! I got the underpan last night around 8pm and installed everything and then posted it. LOL. It's pouring outside right now so I haven't had a chance to ride it yet. I've had it in pieces forever waiting on everything to complete. The Triumph Comfort seat does feel pretty good sitting on it. More so than the factory D675R seat, but I'll have a better answer after an extended run through the bends.

Next project....hmmmm. I'm really itching to get a Bonneville. LOL. My wife is gonna kill me.

#4 ·
Ken, it looks awesome my man. Have you had a chance to ride with the new tail yet? It is less comfortable but its so much easier to move around on the seat and lean off the bike. You did a hell of a job.

What will be our next project? I want to redo my front end, drop in some tona cams with custom tune.

#8 ·
Great job, and thank you.
I've been kicking around the idea of doing this myself.
I wasn't 100% sure I'd like until I seen yours.(I ride a '13 graphite r also)
Looks fan f'n tastic!!!
Time to start collecting parts on the down low.
Wifes expecting in may, she's only wants to hear about baby furniture.

#9 ·
NP! Glad I could help. I like the Matte Graphite color better than the Matte Silver. I really like how it came out.

Check the classifieds on this forum, you can get complete rear sections for relatively cheap. Ebay is a great source as well. Parts like the bridge I found you have to get from a Triumph parts source. Your local hardware store will have stainless steel M6 bolts for much less than the price I paid for the Triumph ones. You'll need 6 total.

Good luck sneaking the parts and congrats on the addition to the family.

#12 ·
Final product came out awesome. Very clean. Looks great! Now my new rear seat cowl looks homely compared to yours. haha

#34 ·
Took the bike out for my first ride with the new tail section.
Only got to do 10 miles,it started raining.So far I like it!
The profile of the Daytona seat is much flatter and doesn't slide you toward the tank.I was a little worried about comfort cause 100+ mile rides are more common then 20 mile rides.
Maybe one more test ride before I disassemble and have painted🍺

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.