Triumph 675 Forums banner

TuneEcu VAG COM Windows Compatibiltiy

4K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  1980superdave 
#1 ·
Hey so my 06 Daytona seems to have the check engine light on after nearly overheating.

Looking to use a VAG COM cable to connect to TuneECU to check the code(s) its throwing instead of spending $ at the stealership.

After looking locally for a cable, someone has one listed for $35 but says it will only work up to windows XP.

Just wondering if this was true or not, from what I've looked up on the forums the cable should work with any windows including windows 10?

Can anyone clarify for me? Apologies in advance if this was answered in another thread but I just don't have the time to look through every single thread to find out.

Thanks!

Here is said ad: http://www.kijiji.ca/v-other-auto-p...n7/1026762241?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Weird since it even says that it will work with windows 7 on it...

See less See more
#3 ·
VAG-COM is a type of OBDII cable so he's on the right track in that is the specific type our bikes require. The listing probably lists that it only works up to such and such windows because that's the drivers they provide with the cable. That doesn't matter though since all cables are based on the same chipset and really use the same drivers and you need to use the Tune-ECU specific driver not the one provided with the cable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.