Triumph 675 Forums banner

tips for riding more comfortably on daytona

7K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  luciano136 
#1 ·
hello all,

As the title says any tips on riding more comfortably on the daytona? I've recently started to travel out a little further on mine and ive noticed where i feel the most discomfort is my crotch area after about 30 mins. I get pretty up on the tank, but ive seen some videos say that you should keep separation between your crotch area and the tank on this sort of a bike, only catch is that is puts my foot position further back so I end up having my butt back but my legs forward which isn't very comfortable. Just to note I am a fairly short dude at 5-7.

#2 ·
Get a new bike. Jk

Consider getting tank pads (Techspec, etc..) and then work on squeezing the tank more with your knees. That should prevent you from riding forward and also take strain off your wrists. Also consider getting some new rearsets that are adjustable and then set them higher giving you space to scoot back on the seat.

#3 ·
Depending on the year of your Daytona, you can get helibars (only available through 2012). Techspec tank pads are definitely a must as well; really for any sport bike you ride on the street IMO. I also have a gel seat and slightly taller windscreen for some added wind protection on the fwy.

All that said, it will remain a sport bike so it will never be super comfortable. Also work your abs and lower back. The stronger your core, the more comfortable it gets.

#4 ·
If you're feeling discomfort on the crotch get a new seat asap. Without being more specific in your discomfort, I'm going to assume it's from your perineum aka your taint. Blood flow gets cut off very easily if you have pressure on that area. Get a seat with a channel or something. Long term it can cause bad things if you constantly cut the blood flow from there.

#5 ·
I get pretty up on the tank, but ive seen some videos say that you should keep separation between your crotch area and the tank on this sort of a bike,
Depending on the year of your Daytona, you can get helibars (only available through 2012). Techspec tank pads are definitely a must as well; really for any sport bike you ride on the street IMO. I also have a gel seat and slightly taller windscreen for some added wind protection on the fwy.
Following this thread, got my bike yesterday and im more of a sport touring guy - so id like to make this supersport as touring as possible to have best of both worlds.

Clip on bars - I second the bars - im looking into aftermarket bars - following a thread here, if anyone can add to it ! http://www.triumph675.net/forum/showthread.php?t=82849

Tank pad - im also looking to order the techspec tank pads but seems like theyre sold out anywhere i check. im ordering from canada, anyone have a source on these?

Windscreen - luciano136 - im also looking for more wind protection - can you comment on what you changed to, and maybe a photo or any extra info :bowdown:

Seat - as per the seat, i think what you need is a more upright position so youre not bending over as much, the handlebar will help with that, after theyre raised you can sit higher. Two points here, you could go with a gel seat = more cushion OR a low profile seat, making it shorter meaning your also sitting more upright do to a better ratio from seat position to handle bar.....tough choice there. ive heard neither is significant for the price you pay.

#9 ·
Windscreen - luciano136 - im also looking for more wind protection - can you comment on what you changed to, and maybe a photo or any extra info :bowdown:
I honestly forgot what brand it is. I believe it is a dubble bubble in dark smoke. The top of it just arches up a bit to keep the wind off your chest. The pic below also shows the position of the handlebars.

#7 ·
I'm 5'10 and it's not too bad for me. I just have to make sure I scoot back and after getting techspec's it definatley. helps. Going to get a better seat soon as well. From what i've read a gel or sport something seat actually makes you slide a bit back vs. sliding down into the tank.

You also might need to go get your suspension tuned. You could have the rear preload way out of wack or something causing way too aggressive forward lean. I just got mine done last track day and it seems to have helped quiet a bit in the comfort department as well as a more absorbant bike for bumps etc.

#12 ·
Put your feet on the passenger footpegs. (seriously though, it helps for long stretch of road, but not really safe...)

Pretty much all other recommendations are good, I had a sergeant seat, tank grips, touring windscreen, helibars (I removed them as they made me sit to upright to my taste)...

Or buy a Goldwing.

#16 ·
Yea, to save the crotch, the tank pads will be the best mod of all listed.

As far as the windscreen goes, I'm 5'10" and no issue with wind hitting my helmet. Of course, it depends on seating position, your height, type of helmet, etc. I think I'm getting most of the wind more around the neck area since I'm up a bit higher with the helibars. If I adjust the screen to the top position on my Ninja, I get the wind right on the front of my helmet and that is indeed annoying.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.