Triumph 675 Forums banner

what did you do to your 675 today????

1M views 9K replies 1K participants last post by  siq75 
#1 ·
just like the title states, what did u do to your 675 today?

I rode mine to pick up a gel passenger seat, then installed front and rear brakes, and polished/waxed the paint

#3,792 · (Edited)
Maybe I should have dated this post a week ago, but... I got her back from paint.

#3,793 ·
Hopped on her to ride to work this AM and wouldn't you know it...CEL is on! 5005 miles on my new ride and CEL already. Sigh. Went to the Dealership after work and had the code read/cleared. Butterfly valve in exhaust. Sure wish I had a full system. That would eliminate that! Almost time for the 6000 mile service. The tech said that it is sounding louder. Anyone have this? Also...the clutch cover gasket is leaking oil. The service department said there is a bulletin on this and they are replacing them under warranty. Anyone have this happen?

#3,794 ·
Been having some charging problems despite having the r/r swapped out last month, so I had the 675 sent to the dealer for a check up.

I'm also leaking some oil from the Left Stator side, but that could have been a result of my carelessness while bolting in some GB case covers.

#3,797 ·
Happened a while ago but dropped the bike off at a forum members place so he could go through the bike with a fine comb. I thought it would be a smart idea since a bunch of newbs (including myself) put her together with duck tape and electrical tape.

#3,800 ·
Installed my brembo MC get to trt it out on my way into work in 5 hours >,<

#3,801 ·
Rode it to the Moto GP at Phillip Island. Good day.

Back again tomorrow.

#3,812 ·
I tried to start her to go for one last ride before winter/cold sets in... No bueno, battery was deadish. All the lights went on, but it didn't have enough power to start her up. Fifteen minutes on the battery tender was enough to get her going again.

One week standing around and a couple of colder nights to get a deadish battery. I think it's on it's way out.

#3,815 ·
I just put a post up for one of the Alien Motion LifePo4 batteries from TJ. That might be my next one, depending on charging possibilities (I've got a charger/tender and don't mind getting a new one, but it has to fit our sockets: EU).

First I thought it might be the RR, but it happened once before it was replaced and now after the recall has been carried out it happened again. And since I don't know how old this battery is, I figure it's good to replace it now. (the battery was in the bike when I bought it, the bike is an '07).

#3,825 ·
Well, since I'm stuck inside all day from the storm, I finally got tired of looking at the big ass dent in my tank. So, while the storm raged outside, I sanded off the paint:

And I bondo'ed it away. Took a lot of coats

Still gotta sand and shape it, then add some primer and some cheap paint for now, until I can do a proper repaint of everything this winter.

Yes I know the whole "zomg! it'z bondo! that's shit!" deal. I'm too cheap to buy a new tank, and it was gonna be repainted anyway. Having the dent pulled out would cost as much as a rashed tank, and it would still have to be bondo'ed and painted. So, this is a good solution for now. Only problem I forsee is my tank bag not sticking to it on that side. But, I'll deal with that later.

I'll probably get a new tank later and use this as a backup, but it's not high on my list of priorities. I just wanted to make it look not as shitty since I'm going to register it and put it on the road again soon.

#3,826 ·
Got the tona set up on the bike bench and started stripping it for the parts that are in the mail. Two Brothers pipe, Renthal front and rear sprockets, rear hugger, counter sprocket cover, xenon headlights, shorty levers. Nothing has arrived though.. Waiting waiting.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.