Triumph 675 Forums banner

Triumph drops the recall ball ....... again

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  MacBandit 
#1 ·
#10 ·
This fine is complpletely because Triumph didn't include the Feds in it. They took care of the bikes. In fact I think I read that all the bikes were fixed. Which leads me to believe most bikes hadn't even been delivered yet. The completion rate for most recalls are low. I'm not sure I've ever seen one in the 90% range.

#12 ·
Having run a business in the US, and having been penalized for not following the rules, I am glad to see that Triumph was fined just like I was. Not sure why anyone customer of Triumph would defend Triumph's behavior for not following consumer protection rules. It often makes me wonder if some of the people that post on this forum don't work for Triumph:whistle: I can assure you that I do not.

#13 ·
I just think fines for forgetting to file the paperwork is bullshit. If they can show that the bikes were repaired and the problem was handled quickly and honestly with their customers then it should be done with.

This isn't like a cover up of a major life threatening failure that actually killed several drivers of a brand of American vehicle that I won't bother to name.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.