Triumph 675 Forums banner

MOKANAR OZARKS in OCTOBER (Oct 16,17,18)

20K views 78 replies 11 participants last post by  DaytonaSpidey 
#1 ·
A few of us are heading back to the HUB for 2 nights 3 days of wasting some otherwise perfectly good tires. I'm planning to go early on Friday the 16th (maybe even Thursday evening) and leaving Sunday.
So far it's me, Neanderthal, THEbananaDZL, and maybe SSBFGC?

Anyone else is welcome, just reserve a room.

This all depends on the weather so if it turns to a rainy weekend we move it back to Oct 24,25.

#4 ·
For that weekend I would have to head back Sunday morning (work is hell in October) but I could go out there a day earlier (Thursday).

If we postpone to the following week I am off Mon-Tues the 26th-27th instead of Thursday Friday

I confirmed that Alec is still in even though he is a Yacht Captain now.

I need to call the HUB and reserve a room. Since it's just 4 of us so far I don't know that the 3 person room is needed. OH! We need to notify Mark we will be there.

#6 ·
Yep - Thats 5 now. And I just confirmed that Mark will join us Friday for some riding.

My plan is to leave by 7am Friday, getting to the HUB around noon, assuming Alec can do the same thing. We will be a little shorter on daylight that time of year so I suspect we will be out until dark Friday and Sat.

It's been too long since I've had some good curvy scenic mountain rides. It seems like my bike was out of service with electrical gremilns for 2+ months and then with the rainy season, I've had less riding than ever this year.

#10 ·
I'm heading back to the east coast that weekend to visit the family or I would have liked to come and meet the crew.

I'll actually be in the Ozarks the weekend before for a similar get together with a group from BonnevilleAmerica.com - I don't have an America anymore but still pretty friendly with that group.

#11 ·
I'm heading back to the east coast that weekend to visit the family or I would have liked to come and meet the crew.

I'll actually be in the Ozarks the weekend before for a similar get together with a group from BonnevilleAmerica.com - I don't have an America anymore but still pretty friendly with that group.
You'll have to hang around in this sub-forum more. We try to get together a few times during the year. It's a great group of guys! :smile2:

#16 ·
A Hog chapter and Road Riders for Jesus state rally. If I can survive all the September rides I will be in attendance as well.

Road with the supermoto youngsters today and going back for more tomorrow. They really like to ride on just the rear wheel! I would wheelie with them but my bike is shaft drive and everyone knows shaft drives wont wheelie!

#26 ·
At this point I'd be happy to just be able to reach the bars comfortably. PT has helped immensely with my range of motion, but my muscles are shot and tight from being in a sling for so long.
I finally am able to drive (shift) my car after 9 weeks!

#27 ·
Oh hey everyone... its been a hot minute since i've been on. Owning a business and working fulltime really takes a toll on my social life.

As for the ride, I'm in.... but I need to replace my chain and sprockets prior, theyre shot. Also, my old man may be flying out and renting or borrowing a bike and join. Would be nice to see him on something other than his Harley.

See ya all around

#28 ·
If all goes as planned I should be out there for at least one day, maybe i can just be the support guy in my rental car?:grin2:

#31 ·
Whoa ....What? When did this happen. We need to find you some wheels somewhere

#40 ·
Week and a half away for me. And yet I'll be in Arkansas twice between now and then.

#53 ·
We already have one snooty Duc rider with us (SSBFGC on his Streetfighter) so I suppose a couple more won't hurt anything. :nana:

If you ride anything like GTGs tire looks, you are probably quicker than us. Plus we'll have several newbys that will be holding up our group a bit.

When do you arrive?

#56 ·
So you get there about 11 hours ahead of us. I send you a PM with my contact info.

#57 ·
G2G buys track day take offs to impress kids at bike nights. LOL
We are not as fast as that guy, but ride with him time to time :)
if you guys are going for a ride we can do a later start tomorrow... or we can do our own thing tomorrow and hook up with you on Fri

#64 ·
Good to hear you guys are having some fun! Especially on a 1098R!
Sexy bikes! We need some gopro footage for sure of those beasts out on the road with some triples.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.