Triumph 675 Forums banner

Indicator mirror choice

8K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  losichu 
#1 ·
I'm on the cusp of ordering a pair of these;

What do you think? It's the only picture I can find of these. I think they tie in with the headlights quite well.

Others I've found;

(These are eBay cheapies I'd never fit, but food for thought)

Another, quality pieces this time but not my #1 looks wise;

Selection list, been e-mailing these guys about the top selection: http://www.cyccon.com/cycp/Mirror-Spiegel-UNIVERSALkuip-2007.html

Feedback appreciated.

-A

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I personally like the first one's you posted. I have been thinking about getting some of these in the future as well when I get flush mounts for the side of the bike. I also am more concerned with being seen especially from the front to be more safe against left handed turns from cagers. I think these mirrors may take away from the sleek and stealth look of the bike, but will make it more safe.

#3 ·
I think they all look like shit and judging by the stalk length, they probably are even worse for seeing things that oem mirrors.

#4 ·
I installed these way back in '07. They're originally designed for a Ducati but with some slight revisions they fit the 675. I need to check my records to see where they came from!! :hmm:

I also installed an additional relay per side. Now, the turnsignal and the amber side marker light (at the outboard edge of the headlight) blink alternatively when I actuate the switch.

Yes, they're smaller than stock but I've gotten into the habit of lifting my arm and looking below my armpit to see what's behind me. Hasn't really been an issue since 2007. :smile:

#5 ·
anti.,,

figures, I walk away from the computer and think of the vendor. Speedzilla. Unfortunately I cannot access their website. Forums, yes. Website for products, no. I remember having this problem a few years ago. I wonder if they no longer produce parts. I'll see what I can dig up. :computer:

Merry Christmas!!

#6 ·
Anti, I also, prefer your first choice for mirrors.

Glocken has a point, though. You may end up looking under your arm pit for a rear view as I have. Again, hasn't bothered me...I just use a bit more caution when checking behind me. Your option has an advantage in that the mirror pane is larger.

FWIW; some members have fitted stock mirrors from a Triumph 600 (I think?) made a number of years ago. They are identical to our stock pieces but with a longer stalk for even better visibility. No signals in the shell, of course, but an option to consider if you were not aware.

#7 ·
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I picked up some special order indicator blanking blocks from Watsens already, which I'll sand off flush and have colour matched so as to not leave holes in the bodywork.

Thanks for the info Superlight. The shape of your mirrors is good, similar to the red bike I posted but lacking in size which I think they need. I looked up that site, but didn't find an actual retail site. I've found two or three suppliers with the same range as what I posted in the link (including your mirrors I think), and the ones I'm speaking to are charging less than half of what another supplier of the same product (who I bought my RVF mirrors from), which sounds pretty good.

#8 ·
anti. for future reference....

If/when you jump into the mirror/signal parts and you're not happy with the "sagging ears" look of some of the mirrors (like the 2nd photo you posted of the gray bike) you can probably reverse the stalk and shell sub-assemblies.

That is, unbolt the stalk at it's base, remove it and it's wiring and install it upside down on the other side. The "ears" will perk up a bit. :whistle:

Down side; the signal lens may end up on the bottom half of the shell - possibly compromising visibility. :crying:

#9 ·
Thanks for that SL. I did that fitting mirrors to my RVF, and found honestly that I don't mind flat (parallel with road) mirrors. Depends on the bike though, not sure if I'd like it on the Daytona.

These are the only other mirrors I'm really considering, and they'll unfortunately end up flat.

#11 ·
Been pondering this option myself on a 2013. Have yet to find anything nice enough to really tempt me though.

The first option looks best, except the exposed wires... I would want something that's run down through the stalk. I thought about seeing if any standard mirrors with integrated indicators would do the trick but was too lazy to follow up!

Those last ones look a bit meh to me.

#12 ·
Those last ones appear to be from some sort of Ducati but I'm not really sure. In the end I decided against them.

I've just ordered a set of the ones listed at the top of the OP as well as flasher unit for 138 euro + post. I'll update when they're here and fitted.

#13 ·
Damn it haha wish I had seen this.... Bought a pair of those eBay cheapies... $50 down the drain, they're shithouse.

#16 ·
Too late. New mirrors came in yesterday. I fit them up with the original mounts and love them. They are actually considerably larger in the body of the mirror than I expected. I think I'll do a mid-range tint on the lens and it'll be perfect. Modified Watsens indicators fill in the fender and I'll smooth them out/colour match them to suit.

#17 ·
Good choice, anti. Looks :thumbsup:

Would you take a few close-up pics; maybe include one of the stock base mated to the new, aftermarket stalks? That appears to be a fairly large bulb - possibly a standard 1057 automotive bulb? In which case it's available at any auto parts store and very inexpensive to replace.

Would you be willing to share specifics about where you purchased them from? As your mirror pane is larger than what I have, I would consider those as an alternative, just in case something happened to mine. Again, I don't believe my supplier from years ago (Speedzilla) produces them anymore. :unhappy:

Thanks. Cheers, mate.

PM sent.

#18 ·
Glad you like them, I do too. I'll get some extra shots when I have a chance. I used the factory mounts else there would be exposed bolt heads. You're right in saying the bulb is big.

I got them from Cyccon, 5404 model in black: http://www.cyccon.com/cycp/Mirror-Spiegel-UNIVERSALkuip-2007.html

They were about $200 AUD delivered including flasher kit, really happy with the price.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.