Triumph 675 Forums banner

Random thought

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  luciano136 
#1 ·
I was at the stealership today and was looking around dreaming until I got a good look at the speed triple. Took it out for a ride absolutely enjoyed it. Then got to thinking why didn't triumph have a supersport version of the 1050. Then on the ride home I was wondering since the 675s are interchangeable some parts wise. Can the 1050 fit on the Daytona frame?

#3 ·
Oh gotcha didn't they stop production of the 955 though. It would be awesome if they brought it back revamped with a lot of the new styling

#4 ·
Yeah it would be cool but not with that motor. That motor is older than dust and has been stroked about 5 times to get it to the current size. It weighs a lot is huge and has low performance for its size. The performance issue is due to the overall design and not due to tuning. its just so far beyond a motors expected design life it's funny. All the new triples coming from Triumph are based on the 675 design and have a lot of design head room left in them. The only motor left at this point that's old is the 1050 so hopefully we'll see a big sport bike someda but who knows. Mr. Bloor doesn't care for sport bikes so it's a miracle the 675 is even still around. They have a new 1200 motor that everyone thought would go into the Speed Triple but it didn't happen at least not yet for one reason or another.

I think one possibility is that they come out with the rumored Street Triple 800 and that motor may be able to be custom installed into a Daytona but I don't think Triumph will do it for us.

#6 ·
I would have to agree with you luciano136 about another replacement. Guess I will have to look for alternatives if I want a liter bike that is not normally ridden around where I live. That is why I like my d675 is so few people have them around me. To think I got it over a Ducati which is also rare around me. but hey for now can always add power adders to personalize it even more.

#7 ·
I've ridden a bunch of bikes recently and the Aprilia V4 is by far the most impressive motor (IMO). Just like the triple, that engine has a ton of character. It also has a ferocious midrange! Both the RSV4 and Tuono 1100 are a blast to ride.

I rode the RSV4, Tuono 1100, BMW S1000RR and Ducati's Panigale 959 and the Ape had by far the most character. I also enjoyed the new Multistrada but that's in a different class, so not really a comparison.

I've pretty much decided on the Tuono 1100 but will still ride the MV Agusta F3 800 as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.