Triumph 675 Forums banner

'13 D675 front paddock stand instructions

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  dragginit 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi folks,

Please don't tease me too much. I bought my '13 675R new and have loved riding it. I am due for my 3rd set of Super Corsas. I don't do track days. Just enjoy spirited riding.

I have not replaced my front tire by myself yet as I had the dealer do the last swap when installing a new set of TPMS monitors. I bought a Triumph factory paddock stand for the front wheel so that I can pull it and take to the dealer along with my new tire for fitting. Already did the rear.

I am mechanically inclined. Rebuild engines, chassis, etc. Thats not the issue. I just can't seem to figure out where the pins on the stand are supposed to align in the fork area so that I can raise the front end for wheel removal.

Can anyone provide a description or a photo to show how it works? I searched the web for quite a while and came up empty handed. This is my first super sport bike so I am still learning about it.

EDIT: I looked up the instructions for the paddock stand (A9938157) and the picture shows a couple holes on the bottom of the fork as I would have expected. On my Ohlins fork, there are no holes. What's the story here?

Thanks a lot.

Joe

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
My mileage is awful. Because I use it for street riding, the sidewalls don't get as much use as the rest of the tire, so it wears out faster. I also transport a passenger occasionally, who weighs about 140 lbs. The rear tire main contact patch goes down fast. These tires are awesome, but longevity is just not in their DNA. And I am ok with that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.