Triumph 675 Forums banner

how to diagnose issue with a turn signal not working

7K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  ShaLaMae 
#1 ·
I have an 09 with integrated led front turn signals. One side does not seem to work any more.
1. I moved to turn led to the other side and it seems to work fine, so its not the led turn
2. wiggled wires around to see if its a bad connection with no results.

any suggestions on where to go from here to diagnose?

#2 ·
Checking to see if the bulbs all work would be the first step, if they all work then check the assembly, and you said the connections are good, make sure they are fully connected. If they still do not turn on then its probably one assembly that doesn't work.

On my 15'Daytona I had one signal go bad, and the last thing I checked was the bulb. Easily replaced.

If I didn't help at all, I am sorry :)

#7 ·
Unplug the signal and use a multimeter to see if you're getting voltage at the connector with the turn signal on. Voltage should go up and down in sync with the flasher relay. If you're not getting any voltage, I suspect a bad connection further up the chain. You'll likely need to remove the tank and perhaps the airbox to find it.

#12 ·
Do you know how to do a conduinty test? Put one lead on your +12v lead from the light and put your other lead that feeds it from the flasher relay. If you have tone the wire is fine then check the ground. That wire is the same to check as last time. Now if both are good check the relay. The relay is probably sticking and gone bad. You can fix it or just buy a new one. Buy a new one then try to take the relay apart and grease it with die electric grease. Reinstall it and see if it works. If it does you now have a spare and now you know how to fix it next time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.