Triumph 675 Forums banner

Mt. St. Helens/Windy Ridge

4K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  jdgun_13 
#1 ·
My friend Gregg and I headed up to Windy Ridge Saturday afternoon. Had a awesome ride up and didn't want to stop, hence no pic's till we got to the Windy Ridge view point.

Mt Adams off in the distance.

Road fs99 heading back down from Windy Ridge.

Spirit Lake at the base of the mountain. It's been thirty + years yet there's still alot of trees still floating on the lakes surface after being blasted off the mountainside.

Another viewpoint down the road. That hill behind Gregg is where the Windy Ridge view point is and the fs99 ends.

FS99 and the surrounding scenery.

As Gregg and I continued down the mountain, I caught the unmistakeable silouete of a Street Triple heading up to Windy Ridge. I hung a u-turn and caught up to the rider. We stopped at the Windy Ridge viewpoint and did the meet/greet/pic's thing. Sven(hope I spelled it corectly) was the owner of the sweet 2011. :coolgleamA:

A few minutes later, three riders from the PNWRiders forum showed up. We chatted for a bit before deciding to joining forces and ride back down the mountain.

See less See more
#10 ·
Many years ago (actually, over a decade), Triumph would hold a RAT Raid around the country. In WA, it was called the Volcano Raid, I was lucky enough to attend one and it was a highlight of my time in the PNW.

The area is one which everyone needs to ride at least once in their life. And if it's in the summer, it's even better.
:cool2:

Cool post, and thank you for letting me take a trip down memory lane...

#11 ·
Many years ago (actually, over a decade), Triumph would hold a RAT Raid around the country. In WA, it was called the Volcano Raid, I was lucky enough to attend one and it was a highlight of my time in the PNW.

The area is one which everyone needs to ride at least once in their life. And if it's in the summer, it's even better.
:cool2:

Cool post, and thank you for letting me take a trip down memory lane...
The Volcano Raid sounds like something worth reviving!

#13 ·
Great pics, I rode up to windy ridge a few years ago when I was there for a few months. Loved the ride and the beautiful scenery.

Thanks for posting

nb

#16 ·
So when is the next ride? I wouldn't mind hitting St. Helens again, it's been a little while.

-M
Sent from my iPhone using MO Free
Totally agree, back in Oregon and needing to do some road trips!... today is GORGEOUS, and the next 2 days should be more fo the same!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.