Triumph 675 Forums banner

675R Died While Riding

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Shamrock 
#1 ·
Ok I was on my way home from work (about a 25 mile ride) I stopped to get gas about 5 miles in. About 10 miles in I noticed my dash kept going through the start sequence ( like the lcd would turn on every light, the needle climbed to the top, and then back down, all the shift lights would light up, etc) but the bike continued to run fine, The only thing I noticed performance wise was it cut power VERY briefly one time when I was around 10k rpm or so. Then about 1/4mile from my house I was sitting at a red light, my dash did the same thing and then the bike just died. It took me about 5 trys of turning the bike off and trying to restart it before the bike would actually fire the starter, but once it did it fired right up and I had no issues. I also restarted the bike in my garage a few times when I got home and didn't have any issues. I know this has to be some sort of electrical bullshit (maybe something as simple as the gas?) but could anyone provide me with some knowledge on what my problem is?

Thanks A lot :)

#3 ·
I'd make sure the battery is securely hooked up. Sounds like what happened to me when I took my STR3 on its maiden voyage after purchase - turned out it was as simple as the battery terminals being loose.

#7 ·
I had this happen to me on a Kawasaki Ninja 250. It was the kickstand sensor malfunctioning (That Kawi couldn't identify). Mine would actually cut off on me, while going down the highway at 60mph.

After checking the battery terms, try disconnecting and cleaning the kickstand sensor plugs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.