Triumph 675 Forums banner

Information Required : Daytona Rebuild

970 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Ravi 
#1 ·
Hi All,

I had bought my dream 675r a couple of weeks back. I was riding it on the highway when a guy came from the wrong side and hit me head on with his pick up truck. It was not a high speed impact, but the headlights, air intake and carbon fiber were crushed. This is my first super sport and also my first 600cc class bike. We do not have many showrooms/service centers here in India for these bikes. I have only one dealership in my area and hence I will have to rely heavily on the dealerships advice for my Daytona. I am really worried about the front Ohlins forks and Brembos though I am not sure if they took any toll of the impact. The dealership has assured me that there would be thorough tests of all the apparatus and it would be replaced if required. But since I am very new to this it would really help to get some expert advice on what factors should I consider while the rebuild and what should I do to assure that my Daytona is back at its best performance.

Thanks in advance for your help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.