Triumph 675 Forums banner

Cycle Zilla or Rev Gear???

11K views 34 replies 19 participants last post by  Ffemt 
#1 ·
#3 ·
I'm afraid they will probably no longer do the youtube videos or have helpful staff with excellent knowledge, but who can blame them? $500 million dollars?! Hard to say no to that kind of money.

#7 ·
Total waste of money on behalf of Cycle Gear..

They could do better for far less $... congrats on revzilla for making some big time money..

#12 ·
Oh no, not Revzilla. Damn, Cycle Gear is like the Dollar Store of the motorcycle industry. Nothing but shit for sale there.

Cycle Gear will see the community backlash from from this then make a statement that "everything great about Revzilla will not change." But that's not how it works. They will change, and they will start to suck just like Cycle Gear. Key people will leave Revzilla, their videos and online presence will disappear then eventually they will close.

This is really bad news.

#15 ·
I really now only use revzilla as a research tool. Let's be honest, they have the cleanest, most user friendly site, and some of the best customer service in this industry

Then I joined the forum here ( only purchased my first set of gear from revzilla ) and found riders discount
Since then I have never looked back. RD has THE best customer service and a lot of knowledge they share to get you the best product available.

And. The best prices.
Only time I don't buy from RD is when a forum member has an item for sale or its a part I need.

Just my 2c there.

But I agree. The track record of quality gear cycle gear puts out is garbage.
Met a guy at the track that said this
' cycle gear has its place..... And that's not at the track '
Lol

Sure. If you are buying a name brand whatever ( a stars or Shoei for example ) but it's usually even more than what you can get it for from any other source.

I got a set of stands from there and bobbins. And those are thing only purchases I have made there.

#16 ·
I really now only use revzilla as a research tool. Let's be honest, they have the cleanest, most user friendly site, and some of the best customer service in this industry

Then I joined the forum here ( only purchased my first set of gear from revzilla ) and found riders discount
Since then I have never looked back. RD has THE best customer service and a lot of knowledge they share to get you the best product available.

And. The best prices.
Only time I don't buy from RD is when a forum member has an item for sale or its a part I need.

Just my 2c there.

But I agree. The track record of quality gear cycle gear puts out is garbage.
Met a guy at the track that said this
' cycle gear has its place..... And that's not at the track '
Lol

Sure. If you are buying a name brand whatever ( a stars or Shoei for example ) but it's usually even more than what you can get it for from any other source.

I got a set of stands from there and bobbins. And those are thing only purchases I have made there.
Pretty much the same story for me. Was pretty much just Revzilla and MotorcycleStupidStore until joining this forum, now 75% of my purchases are thru STG and RD. Every once in awhile I still get some oddball item from the other places. Our forum vendors really are great and I try to support them when I can.

#22 ·
Very true they carry top end brands but over time they have slowly added more and more of their Bilt and Sedici crap and moving out the top end brands.

Don't get me wrong about Cycle Gear. They're smart enough to have brands like A* and Dainese in stock but what they do have is typically the higher priced models. Then they place that right next to the Bilt or Sedici stuff and it's a no-brainer for the new rider or the rider on a short budget. Personally, I've seen Sedici gear fail at the track. A rider was in a pinch for gloves and bought some Sedici gloves. A fairly slow low side ripped right through the palms and luckily he didn't get too rashed up.

#18 ·
Revzilla, never thought they were worth a $hit personally..

TJ & RD is the best on pretty much everything, hard to beat their prices and TJ always responds quickly..

I really miss the old superbikesupply, as they were the best PERIOD!..
One time payment and everything at dealers cost and shipping. :crying:

#20 ·
That's upsetting. Many of my purchases for my previous bikes were thru Revzilla despite living 5 minutes from a Cycle Gear. They were always much more knowledgeable and their service unbeatable. The CG near me was pretty bad for awhile, though the last few times I was in, they had a couple employees who actually seemed like they knew what they were talking about. Hopefully they stick around. Still kinda new around here and to Triumph, but will probably be checking out RD in the future based upon what I've read the past couple months.

#21 ·
I just stick to TJ most of the time. I do like revzilla detail videos, but STG has good videos also.

Revzilla does carry a few things RD doesn't though. Like Puma boots which I prefer and own a few pairs of becuase they are the best for me, but other than that I stick to TJ.

#27 ·
Depends on what changes they want to make. Revzilla has been growing and doing well. Expanding internationally would be a smart move. Additional "destination stores" would also be a plus.

Even in the DC metro area where there are a lot of people with money, there really aren't any motorcycle shops which carry a lot of high end gear. Revzilla's store in Philly has a lot. If I'm ever in the area (within 50 miles) I stop by to check out gear I can't find anywhere else.

I could see them keeping CG lower end for new riders and keeping Revzilla high end. Both companies sell a bit on either spectrum, but they're already pretty focused. Honing in on that focus would ensure they compete with each other less.

#30 ·
Oh, no arguments there. I read "selling out" as more like cashing in and winning the business game. Good for them, they have done well for themselves. They aren't heartbroken... they are having a party.

The people who don't win are the customers.

I'm just saying how things are. This doesn't really affect me personally that much. I've bought some things from them. If in the future I may still buy from them or I may buy elsewhere. No biggie.

#32 ·
http://www.revzilla.com/common-trea...tent=2/12+Open+Letter&utm_campaign=02/12/2016

Damn these guys are smart! Well spoken, informative letter to the community they serve

essentially, Revzilla is taking over because they have business sense and leadership.

keep going!
LOL! Same link I posted the other day! I too agree that it was a well articulated letter to the customers. Only time will tell whether they hold to their word and remain two separate entities.

#35 ·
I've solely used Revzilla since being stationed overseas and they have taken care of a return as well as a jacket that stalled during the shipping process. They immediately mailed out a replacement. Their live chat has been on point too and got me the right size jacket and pants first try!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.