Triumph 675 Forums banner

Removing Mirror mounts

5K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  apacifico3 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I'm new here and new to owning a StripleR. I'll save the introductions for a more appropriate section, but I was wondering what everyone does to remove the standard mirror mounts once you have installed bar end mirrors?

After market levers still attach to the same mounts, plus the fluid reservoir bracket needs to screw into something, any and all suggestions would be most appreciated.

In the pic you can see I just put the rubber parts back over the top and inserted a rubber bung in the end so no water can get through, doesn't look great though.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
You should be able to remove that last piece from the old mirrors on your stock setup too. The mirror should have threaded into an adjuster covered by the rubber sleeve. Remove the sleeve and you should be able to unthread the adjuster from the clamp. You may need to use a wrench (either 10 or 12mm) to detach the last part of the stock mirror assembly. And be careful as one of the bolts may be reverse threaded. Font Art Auto part Parallel Drawing

The brake side mirror mount may be positioned on the front part of the clamp, but that's what is holding the front brake reservoir to the bike.

#11 ·
You should be able to remove that last piece from the old mirrors on your stock setup too. The mirror should have threaded into an adjuster covered by the rubber sleeve. Remove the sleeve and you should be able to unthread the adjuster from the clamp. You may need to use a wrench (either 10 or 12mm) to detach the last part of the stock mirror assembly. And be careful as one of the bolts may be reverse threaded. View attachment 191618

The brake side mirror mount may be positioned on the front part of the clamp, but that's what is holding the front brake reservoir to the bike.
What I did after installing my CRG Lane Splitter bar end mirrors from my old Speed Triple was I flipped the left mirror mount upside down and on the right I used the torx screw from the original mirror mount and used it to secure the master cylinder bracket. I did have to cut the screw down a little bit with a rotary tool and cut-off wheel in order for the screw head to sit flush. Looks clean, though, and you don't even notice the left mirror mount being upside down.
Thanks again to apacifico and DamnRandall, I knew the top part came off but I thought the large thread was attached, so I unscrewed that and on the right I found a matching screw to hold the reservoir on (will paint black soon which should make it disappear), then as DamnRandall suggested, I flipped the left side and it came up a treat! thought I'd put some pics up of final result.

Attachments

#6 ·
Hi all,

I'm new here and new to owning a StripleR. I'll save the introductions for a more appropriate section, but I was wondering what everyone does to remove the standard mirror mounts once you have installed bar end mirrors?

After market levers still attach to the same mounts, plus the fluid reservoir bracket needs to screw into something, any and all suggestions would be most appreciated.

In the pic you can see I just put the rubber parts back over the top and inserted a rubber bung in the end so no water can get through, doesn't look great though.

Thanks in advance!
You can get a new clamp for the left side that is clean and doesn't have the mirror mount but not the right because the reservoir design. You would have to buy a new reservoir to clean up the look or cut it off. I just put the rubber over the top of the right one. It is what it is.

#7 ·
Hi all,

Thanks in advance!
Btw what tidy tail is that looks like my Evotech but my indicators are mounted above my cans. Which is where I wanted them for more visibility.

#9 ·
Tidy tail is a custom jobbie, you can see in the attached pics how I made it, pretty basic really. I have a tail light with integrated indicators coming in the post as well as a small number plate light, once that arrives i'll drill the hole for the light which should be mostly hidden under the plastic hood, and ill draw a straight line between the indicator tabs on the bottom and cut that bit off. Then i'll spray it black and it should be all good :)

Attachments

#8 ·
What I did after installing my CRG Lane Splitter bar end mirrors from my old Speed Triple was I flipped the left mirror mount upside down and on the right I used the torx screw from the original mirror mount and used it to secure the master cylinder bracket. I did have to cut the screw down a little bit with a rotary tool and cut-off wheel in order for the screw head to sit flush. Looks clean, though, and you don't even notice the left mirror mount being upside down.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.