Cyclegear yea/nay - Page 4 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Polls 675/motorcycle polls

post #31 of 41 Old 08-06-16, 14:41
saltydog1318

The cyclegear here in San Diego is always packed. They undercut all the other local shops prices. Hell, you can even haggle with them. I've never had a bad experience there. You can buy shit gear or you can buy quality gear anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 41 Old 08-11-16, 16:10
morbo1978

Garage
Nope.. there's only one in my area, and by area I mean 30+ miles away, and it only has only their house brand with maybe a little bit of Alpinestars or Dainese gear sprinkled in but not much. There really are no good motorcycle retailers in the area at all though.
post #33 of 41 Old 08-11-16, 17:55
Day

Garage
There is one 30mins away which i sometimes went to. The employees were great there. (Interacting and actually doing their job) As for quality products, meh, gloves suck, helmets do protect you but besides that they really terrible.

post #34 of 41 Old 11-28-16, 11:05
*GT*

Garage
I'm a fan. I've been buying from them for years now. I bought a pair of cheap gloves (can't remember the brand) from them and the stitching unraveled on one of the fingers. They were damn near a year old and they immediately replaced the glove with no questions asked.
post #35 of 41 Old 11-28-16, 21:32
beatle

One opened near me not too long ago. It's pretty convenient for the occasional bike product. Their Freeze-Out and Heat-Out products are great and inexpensive. I've been using their balaclava and boot liners to stretch the riding season further. I also went out on a limb and bought a pair of their house brand Sedici waterproof winter gloves. They're not as nice as my Helds, but they've allowed me to ride into the 20s without heated grips. I also bought a pair of Sedici waterproof armored thermal pants. Also seems like a good product. Time will tell how they hold up, but it hasn't been the garbage some people experience. The staff has been nice and helpful as well.
post #36 of 41 Old 12-04-16, 14:25
675GP

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondguy View Post
Am I alone in thinking that Cyclegear sucks?
Pretty much have only used them for tires, they sometimes have competitive pricing. Probably won't do that in future now that I get most parts online.
post #37 of 41 Old 12-20-16, 18:14
stk0308
Race Team Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razgreeze View Post
I have heard that Bilt is rebranded stuff where the patented expired. I have also heard that Cycle gear is trying to purchase other companies to form a monopoly. I would go to a machinist to get a special part made before I went to cycle gear. I believe that they are toxic to the community.
Cycle Gear form a mutual holding company with Revzilla this year. Makes me worry about Revzilla quality.
http://www.phillymag.com/business/20...ycle-gear-but/

Steven
2016 Street Triple R
2008 Sprint ST
Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity
post #38 of 41 Old 12-20-16, 22:04
Glocken

Quote:
Originally Posted by stk0308 View Post
Cycle Gear form a mutual holding company with Revzilla this year. Makes me worry about Revzilla quality.
http://www.phillymag.com/business/20...ycle-gear-but/
just go to TJ

Elka 3 way shock|Penske fork valves|Leo full titanium & CF|Hyperpro steering damper|GB frame slider & engine casings|Cyclecat clipons|Pazzos|ZG|Proton|CF tank sliders|Dave Moss Techspecs|Evo Tech Sharkfin|Sato Shift Spindle holder
post #39 of 41 Old 12-21-16, 10:17
thePridge

Garage
Wish I had more to choose from here in South Africa... Our "Bike stores" are not very well stocked... and then with the way imports work here stuff costs twice as much as what it would cost if you bring it in yourself.
Not many online stores offer international shipping to here...
post #40 of 41 Old 12-26-16, 13:11
stk0308
Race Team Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glocken View Post
just go to TJ
He is one of my first shopping stops. They've done me good service.

Steven
2016 Street Triple R
2008 Sprint ST
Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity
Sponsored Links
Advertisement