Cyclegear yea/nay - Page 3 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Polls 675/motorcycle polls

post #21 of 41 Old 04-23-13, 19:32 Thread Starter
blondguy
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokie View Post
HF has some things that are actually pretty good.
yeah, the air fittings seem to be ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooblekain View Post
Too many times I had to go there in a pinch to get oils, tires, suits, parts, etc.
That is the heart of the suckyness, too many times I gone there in a pinch and walked out still in a pinch. Fortunately for me I have a MUCH better independent cycle store ~15 miles away that caries things like banjo bolts, spark plugs, chain links, obscure bolts, brake pads (for something other than an r6 or gsxr). CG is only 5 minutes away so I always check there but 9 times out of 10 I end up driving the 15 miles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 41 Old 07-25-13, 03:01
Brannigans Law

Depends what you're looking for. They're good for some purposes and bad for others. I picked up kevlar/armored jeans on sale for $70 and really like them. Also, their Sedici line is good bang for the buck, I have their mesh jacket and have no complaints for what it is/cost
post #23 of 41 Old 07-25-13, 03:33
TwoWheeledWonder
Noob Hazer

I bought engine ice there once.

2010 TornadoRed D675 Trackbike
~

post #24 of 41 Old 07-25-13, 12:07
firedude
BOTM Winner

I used to think they were the holy grail of motorcycle supplies until I discovered the various internet places to pick up my goods now.

Their store brands absolutely suck. All the Bilt and Sedici crap and some other helmet brand they only carry, SevenZeroSeven or some shit like that. I had to exchange that helmet because the visor mechanism crapped out after 8 months. Velcro came off my sedici gloves in less than a year. They are pretty good with exchanges, just bring the stuff in and get the new stuff pretty much no questions asked.

I used their suit selection to figure out my size when I bought my suit from ridersdiscount.

The bike nights are total squidfests.

Only thing I keep going back there for now is tires. I just got the email now, a set of BT-016s for $219 so I'm probably going to make the hump down there and pick up another set.

post #25 of 41 Old 08-21-13, 17:57
porygon

I don't normally go to CG either. Most of the time I go is because I need some small stuff and in a rush. Oil, chain cleaners etc. I did buy their ramp which was on sale at the time along with some tie-downs. Other than that, I just take my friends that are starting to ride to go and find their sizing for jackets. Sucks how the local one near my house is practically selling only Bilt and Sedici, the other brands I would have to special order from them =/
post #26 of 41 Old 05-01-14, 04:52
dsmitty37

Cyclegear came through in a pinch when I went to my first trackday and the vendor didn't have a rental suit to fit me so I was directed to go to cycle gear which was 25 mins away and they hooked me up with a suit and the manager even threw in a discount because he races and he wanted me to be able to enjoy my first trackday.
post #27 of 41 Old 05-01-14, 13:19
MidwesterneRR

I like cycle gear for what it is... a local place i can go grab chain wax or engine ice and look for deals on gear.

Most of their stuff is overpriced on your average day but they run some really killer sales. I'd be seriously bummed if my cycle gear went out of business.
post #28 of 41 Old 05-01-14, 13:38
starpower

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooblekain View Post
Cycle Gear is essential. They may have some shitty stuff but they also sell top brand stuff. Too many times I had to go there in a pinch to get oils, tires, suits, parts, etc.

They do have killer sales at times where you can get top brand stuff for cheap too.

While you can save at times shopping online. There are times you will need to get something asap.

If you race, you can actually get race support from them which isn't too shabby. I think they will also mount and balance your tires for free if you have race support. That in itself is huge.
^+1. The sales and freeze out and heat out gear is impressive and often half off. I got a sweet A* leathers on a big sale for $599. And as mentioned returns can't be more generous. I see it equal to HF be very selective and it's all good.
post #29 of 41 Old 08-06-16, 13:03
jb675r

I hate cycle gear. I had an exceptionally bad experience trying to simply get a f*cking dainese 1 piece from them that took multiple 1hr drives to and from their store because they kept telling me to come in when they had the wrong size/damaged item/didn't actually have it. I know mine's probably an uncommon experience, but it turned me off of them forever.

2011 675R, murdered by a deer
2013 675R, murdered by a friend
post #30 of 41 Old 08-06-16, 14:18
Razgreeze

I have heard that Bilt is rebranded stuff where the patented expired. I have also heard that Cycle gear is trying to purchase other companies to form a monopoly. I would go to a machinist to get a special part made before I went to cycle gear. I believe that they are toxic to the community.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement