Cyclegear yea/nay - Triumph675.Net Forums
Polls 675/motorcycle polls

post #1 of 41 Old 04-23-13, 03:17 Thread Starter
blondguy

Cyclegear yea/nay

Am I alone in thinking that Cyclegear sucks?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 Old 04-23-13, 03:21
shouldnthave
BOTY Winner

Pretty much sucks, but the retail outlet has come through in a pinch once or twice.

It's really for people that don't know better, or people that fry their Lithium battery leaving the bike on the whole way to the track...

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

675R dedicated track bike.
post #3 of 41 Old 04-23-13, 03:26 Thread Starter
blondguy
Threadstarter Threadstarter

all I wanted was a ****ing banjo bolt man...

post #4 of 41 Old 04-23-13, 03:27 Thread Starter
blondguy
Threadstarter Threadstarter

They've kind become the harbor freight of motorcycle supply
post #5 of 41 Old 04-23-13, 03:42
Hogndos

All of the above...I don't think too much of their BILT line or any other of their in store brands...they do have great sales from time to time and the BILT leather pants w/armor I bought for $79 ain't bad for $$$...I can think of a half dozen online stores I shop at first though before even setting foot in our local store...just too "corporate" for my taste...
post #6 of 41 Old 04-23-13, 04:11
Nastybutler
BOTM Winner

They don't have any B&M stores in my state, so anything I buy from there is via their website. So far the only things I've bought from them is a couple of Freeze Out items when they were on sale for a ridiculously low price.

They seem like the Walmart of the motorcycle world.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

2012 Street Triple (Trinity) - Phantom Black
2014 Audi A5 - Scuba Blue

Trinity's Build Thread
post #7 of 41 Old 04-23-13, 04:54
bmw4422

I don't think it's a bad place for the basics.
I went to an actual store in STL to try on some helmets, they did have alot from all the major brands.

they also seemed to have a decent selection of fluids and other common essentials. But I would stay clear of their house brands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shouldnthave View Post
It's really for people that don't know better, or people that fry their Lithium battery leaving the bike on the whole way to the track...

Brian
2011 daytona 675 SE (sold)
post #8 of 41 Old 04-23-13, 05:05
Tumbleweed

Definitely stay away from Bilt and S&S. I had a Bilt helmet and it's worthless. How it passed DOT I haven't a clue. The one in-brand that seems decent is Sedici, particularly the Rapido line. Useful if you can't scrounge up the cash for Cortech or above. They do carry Dainese and basic supplies.

Basically what everyone else says.

Question everything
post #9 of 41 Old 04-23-13, 09:46
TheEssence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumbleweed View Post
Definitely stay away from Bilt and S&S. I had a Bilt helmet and it's worthless. How it passed DOT I haven't a clue. The one in-brand that seems decent is Sedici, particularly the Rapido line. Useful if you can't scrounge up the cash for Cortech or above. They do carry Dainese and basic supplies.

Basically what everyone else says.
I don't know about their helmets, but I have had an S&S jacket for about three years now that has been fantastic that I bought from Revzilla. Their helmets appear on the cheap side, but the jacket I have from them is pretty top notch from my experience so far. I'm with bmw on Cyclegear. They definitely don't have the best stuff (though they do carry a decent amount of stuff at some stores from quality brands like Icon, Dainese, A* etc...). But, they run some awesome sales here and there on random stuff, and their return policy is pretty much unparalleled. If you don't like something, just bring it back. Doesn't matter if you've worn it for the last two months. If you don't like the fit or whatever, just bring it back. Simple as that.

He is risen!
post #10 of 41 Old 04-23-13, 14:52
Bamboo671

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEssence View Post
I don't know about their helmets, but I have had an S&S jacket for about three years now that has been fantastic that I bought from Revzilla. Their helmets appear on the cheap side, but the jacket I have from them is pretty top notch from my experience so far. I'm with bmw on Cyclegear.

I think there is confusion in the brands he means. When he said S&S he more thank likely meant Street and Steal whereas you probably meant Speed and Strength. Just my thought. In a pinch they are okay and I'd even be willing to say that they're not good for that either. A friend bought some gloves from them (Sedici) for a track day. Had a lowside at around 40mph and went right through the gloves. He said had he not picked his hands up while sliding he would have been rashed up on his palms! I think for the person that is in a bind and can't afford the gear right away, great deal but even then my advice would be to save up the money and then get some decent gear. Doesn't have to be Dainese but there are tons of options that are inexpensive that are made with greater quality than the CG branded stuff.

1997 YZF100R/Thunderace - She committed suicide 15Mar07!
2008 Daytona 675 - She was murdered 30Jan13
2013 Daytona 675R - Sexy reincarnation 15Mar13!

"The process is more important than the product" - Inky Johnson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement