What did you do to your Street Triple today? - Page 650 - Triumph675.Net Forums

post #6491 of 6539 Old 07-09-16, 00:17
SoHo

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwahba View Post
Installed the SC Project Conic a few days ago. Here's a teaser video I made, first video but it was fun to make!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEAj6UGiFic
Exhaust sounds sick! What video camera are you using and what video editing program? You did a great job putting it together.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6492 of 6539 Old 07-09-16, 10:14
Neanderthal

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrampusP International View Post
...I've read a lot of people wax their wheels after giving them a good cleaning. I'm wondering what folks around here do.....
I typically use Honda Spray Cleaner/Polish to clean my wheels, so in effect they are getting waxed. Never hurts to wax ANYTHING that has been painted - go for it.

Are you using DuPont Chain Wax for lube? That stuff is as mess-free as it gets.
post #6493 of 6539 Old 07-09-16, 14:22
Nudie

Garage
BST Wheels??

Anyone used BST wheels on their Street Triple?? I had to retire my stock wheels yesterday. Trying to see if they are worth the $$$

post #6494 of 6539 Old 07-14-16, 15:32
TrampusP International

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neanderthal View Post
I typically use Honda Spray Cleaner/Polish to clean my wheels, so in effect they are getting waxed. Never hurts to wax ANYTHING that has been painted - go for it.

Are you using DuPont Chain Wax for lube? That stuff is as mess-free as it gets.
Man, everyone says they use the Honda version of spray cleaner/polish. I'm starting to think there's something to it!

As for chain wax, I forget what I'm using. My friend had sprayed on a bunch of his, which is definitely what gunked up my wheels and everything. Mine is way more of a mess-free wax. I'll have to double check when I get home and clean/wax the chain. There's been too much riding this week sans-chain cleaning/waxing.
post #6495 of 6539 Old 07-28-16, 19:25
chomorro

Put on oury grips, and daytona rear sets. Now to test ride.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

2011 Matte Grey STR
OEM Fork Sliders - Case Protectors - Rear Spools - Bar End Mirrors - Frame Sliders / TechSpec SS Pads / Cox Radiator Guard / SoCal Suspension Tuned / GPR V4 Stabilizer / Spencer Seat Mod / G2 Throttle Tamer / Gold Rim Stripes / Arrow Dual Exhaust with Tune
The Following User Says Thank You to chomorro For This Useful Post:
Rookie28 (07-28-16)
post #6496 of 6539 Old 08-04-16, 21:56
stk0308
Race Team Sponsor

I thought I could make due with the OEM Daytona seat on my Rx conversion. Found out last weekend I couldn't. So, thanks to our fine friends at Riders Discount, I installed a Saddlemen Tech seat today.

I like the Tech over the other options because it doesn't have the ditch down the center. And it looks to be more cushy.

Steven
2016 Street Triple R
2008 Sprint ST
Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity
post #6497 of 6539 Old 08-05-16, 09:23
adrean8j

Quote:
Originally Posted by chomorro View Post
Put on oury grips, and daytona rear sets. Now to test ride.

Why the steering damper? The Streets in your current configuration have virtually zero wobble.
post #6498 of 6539 Old 08-05-16, 11:30
chomorro

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrean8j View Post
Why the steering damper? The Streets in your current configuration have virtually zero wobble.
I had just had speed wobble on two other bikes during normal riding so I want to make sure it doesn't happen again. Probably not needed but I like the piece of mind.

2011 Matte Grey STR
OEM Fork Sliders - Case Protectors - Rear Spools - Bar End Mirrors - Frame Sliders / TechSpec SS Pads / Cox Radiator Guard / SoCal Suspension Tuned / GPR V4 Stabilizer / Spencer Seat Mod / G2 Throttle Tamer / Gold Rim Stripes / Arrow Dual Exhaust with Tune
The Following User Says Thank You to chomorro For This Useful Post:
adrean8j (08-05-16)
post #6499 of 6539 Old 08-05-16, 13:18
adrean8j

Yeah I did some research on them as well for my Striple and discovered that it wasn't needed (doesn't hurt though.) I have converted to clips-ons and a more aggressive riding position (rearsets as well) and have yet to have any wobbles on track or street but may get something custom rigged up by my mechanic for that same piece of mind!
post #6500 of 6539 Old 08-05-16, 13:25
chomorro

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrean8j View Post
Yeah I did some research on them as well for my Striple and discovered that it wasn't needed (doesn't hurt though.) I have converted to clips-ons and a more aggressive riding position (rearsets as well) and have yet to have any wobbles on track or street but may get something custom rigged up by my mechanic for that same piece of mind!
Well my last wobble had nothing to do with the bike. I was merging onto the freeway making a right turn and slowly accelerating. Maybe 20 25 mph I hit a strange groove in the road and had instant tank slap. Almost high sided. Every since then I won't ride without some kind of stabilizer. Tires were good and I take that merge almost every day. Just hit the right factors to cause it. That was an 06 fz6. My other tank slap was on an 06 sv1000s

2011 Matte Grey STR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement