What did you do to your Street Triple today? - Page 642 - Triumph675.Net Forums

post #6411 of 6516 Old 03-10-16, 13:00
Phicurious86

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrampusP International View Post
I know matching reds is supposedly quite difficult, and I'm not ragging on your work at all, but it leaves me wanting a hit of glossy on top...to give a similar look at the radiator shroud. Unless, of course, you like it as-is or DGAF about my thoughts (which is more than fair haha).

I think the red with black belly pan will be a nice touch. Definitely post pics whenever you get around to putting one on!

Edit: Second thought...it kind of compliments the red frame's tone a bit.
First, thanks for such a thoughtful and diplomatic criticism.

I was really torn between matching the frame and matching the guard (an issue that Triumph seems to have addressed for the matte black models?). I could definitely have gone with a standard gloss for the finish, but I ended up going with a satin finish, more than partially because that is what was available at the hardware store in a high temp variant =P.

In person the guard is almost a perfect copy of the tone and texture of the frame. I'm hoping that once I put the pan on (which will be glossy black) that the asymmetry will work well. Of course if it doesn't, it's just a matter of stripping the paint off with some strip goop, buying some different high temp gloss finish and repainting. I was really surprised at how easy and cheap this was. Cost me ~$20 for the paint and took an afternoon to paint from primer to finish. Let it sit overnight and bolted it on the next day with no detrimental effects. Probably helped that it's 85+ during the afternoon in PHX right now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6412 of 6516 Old 03-15-16, 19:24
Phicurious86

Garage
Painted the ring around my gas cap.

post #6413 of 6516 Old 03-16-16, 23:50
DanoInTx

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by harcourt View Post
That's funny, I've gone the other way and started to get rid of my red accents.. Sacrilege!
I guess I'll see you in motorcycle hell since I've been slowly getting rid of my red too At first I added red (red ASV levers, red bar ends), then I flipped 180 and removed the red R panels, painted heat shield black, paint newly acquired red bar ends black, now I'm spying the red subframe. I've been doing some flat black checkerboard vinyl in various places too! Tried to flat black plasti-dip the R panels and even tried wrapping them, but they still look funny to me, so they're gone. I've got some more plans for vinyl, but I'm stuck on the tank decals that Triumph decided to clear coat I've owned 3 red bikes in the past, but I feel that black is the new red, haha!! My bike is a 2014 charcoal R btw.

Dan

post #6414 of 6516 Old 03-17-16, 20:40
topgunz1

New front Supercorsa, haven't gotten to test it yet though. 9200 miles on the original Rosso Corsa. They thought they had another Rosso Corsa in stock that had been special ordered, but when we looked it was a super after all. No such thing as too much grip, I reckon.

“Faster, Faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.”
― Hunter S. Thompson
post #6415 of 6516 Old 03-18-16, 00:30
stk0308
Race Team Sponsor

Picked it up from it's break in service visit to the dealer. Clean bill of health. Now to finish safety wiring, and begin the general abuse

Oh, and I gotta clean it! That feels so strange for me to say.

Steven
2016 Street Triple R
2008 Sprint ST
Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity
post #6416 of 6516 Old 03-18-16, 00:31
stk0308
Race Team Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by topgunz1 View Post
New front Supercorsa, haven't gotten to test it yet though. 9200 miles on the original Rosso Corsa. They thought they had another Rosso Corsa in stock that had been special ordered, but when we looked it was a super after all. No such thing as too much grip, I reckon.
I'll agree with you on a front. Be careful going more sticky on a back over the front. Bad things can happen.

Steven
2016 Street Triple R
2008 Sprint ST
Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity
post #6417 of 6516 Old 03-18-16, 12:58
675_SV

Garage
Things I did to my 675

He are some pictures form my Strret Triple from El Salvador:
- I DIY the stoplight with integrated blinkers and eliminated the tail with the license plate holder and blinkers
- Changed mirrors
- sw mototech and rizoma engine protectors
-short radiator shrouds
- tank pads
-new rear wheel
-tank came without decals when I got it, so added decals and custom line in tank.
-Did a remap locally with a software brand calle boost it
-Added k&n air filter
-next thing I woolud like to do is change de exhausts
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender-3.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	196330   Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender-2.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	196338   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0808.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	115.6 KB
ID:	196346   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4033.JPG
Views:	99
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	196354   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4034.JPG
Views:	97
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	196362  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4035.JPG
Views:	86
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	196370   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4036.JPG
Views:	98
Size:	121.3 KB
ID:	196378   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4041.JPG
Views:	94
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	196386   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4042.JPG
Views:	96
Size:	105.2 KB
ID:	196394  
post #6418 of 6516 Old 03-18-16, 13:57
Phicurious86

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 675_SV View Post
He are some pictures form my Strret Triple from El Salvador:
- I DIY the stoplight with integrated blinkers and eliminated the tail with the license plate holder and blinkers
- Changed mirrors
- sw mototech and rizoma engine protectors
-short radiator shrouds
- tank pads
-new rear wheel
-tank came without decals when I got it, so added decals and custom line in tank.
-Did a remap locally with a software brand calle boost it
-Added k&n air filter
-next thing I woolud like to do is change de exhausts

Lookin' good. What rear tire did you go with?
post #6419 of 6516 Old 03-19-16, 14:16
TrampusP International

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanoInTx View Post
I guess I'll see you in motorcycle hell since I've been slowly getting rid of my red too At first I added red (red ASV levers, red bar ends), then I flipped 180 and removed the red R panels, painted heat shield black, paint newly acquired red bar ends black, now I'm spying the red subframe. I've been doing some flat black checkerboard vinyl in various places too! Tried to flat black plasti-dip the R panels and even tried wrapping them, but they still look funny to me, so they're gone. I've got some more plans for vinyl, but I'm stuck on the tank decals that Triumph decided to clear coat I've owned 3 red bikes in the past, but I feel that black is the new red, haha!! My bike is a 2014 charcoal R btw.

Dan
I feel like this goes without saying, but.....PICS! haha

As for the tank decals..there's a fella who turned his white (not sure if R or not) into a white and orange. I believe he's posted here and on the rat forum. He managed to get some orange decals working. I'm not sure if he took off the clear coat, if he just overlaid orange ones, or maybe painted a stencil. If I can find him on here, I'll point you in his direction.

As for me, today...nothing, because Maryland weather decided to go from 60s/70s to a wintery mix today. Was going to give her a much needed rinse after the past few rides, but that will have to wait. I finally got in touch with my guy about some custom sliders. It's not a full cage, which I was originally thinking I wanted, but more along the lines of race rails. Hopefullyy I can get them working soon...as we had first discussed it last August, but it never came into fruition. Not complaining...people get busy, things happen, etc.; but, I am looking to add a little somethin-somethin soon! Also, looking to purchase some new bar ends, as I no longer like the aftermarket (cheaper) ones I have. They're one of the Triumph bar end replicas.
Additionally, just a little something kind of exciting, I had my first encounter with another 2013+ Street Triple two nights ago (or was it three?).

Last edited by TrampusP International; 03-19-16 at 14:27.
post #6420 of 6516 Old 03-19-16, 14:56
ocmdb

anyone have a str with bellypan and taylormade exhaust?,
id like to see how it looking when it all white like this cbr

Triumph Street Triple R 2014, white
Mod: Undertray , Fly-screen, Belly pan, Seat-cowl, Tech-spec Pro-grip snake skin, Arrow exaust, Quick shifter, Evotech Utimate Kit, R&G Crank slider Exaust slider, Rizoma Action Flasher, K&N filter, Usb output(GPS), integrate flasher tail-light, Kriega combo 10+20 Tailbag, FirstGear tankbag, Sw-motech soft sadle kit, Tak-lok, Corbin seat........ more to come,,,,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement