Team PYR Triumph - British Supersport Championship - Page 5 - Triumph675.Net Forums
675's racing in BSB/BSS Daytona 675 BSB/BSS racing news

post #41 of 129 Old 02-02-06, 18:21
Quickshifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAYTONA.6MAN
Awsome!! Great Brit Bike with Great Aussie guts :P What a combination. Just wondering if there is anything we as a group can do to assist. Raffles, appeals etc., I know the site is supporting people already. Can't help thinking that this bike is gonna be the absolute bizz :)
I would be happy to donate some stuff for prizes, I have a brand new lid and some good celebrity memorabilia.

I am sure everyone could get 50.00 together at a car boot sale or some odds and sods put on e-bay would do the trick, alternatively we could just sit back and see if someone else gets out of their chair. :oops:
I suspect Triumph stopped racing due to cost and it was a sad day when you knew you wouldn't see that again....... we could make sure it doesn't happen to Paul if we pull together?

20,000.00 would not be impossible if each member could find 50.00, you know you could, even if meant a few less beers for a bit :shock: :shock: :shock:

Triumph Triple Challenge & T3 Racing. Home of the 675. www.triumphtriplechallenge.com & www.t3-racing.co.uk.

"If you can't get rid of the skeleton in your closet, you'd best teach it to dance."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 129 Old 02-02-06, 18:22
Gavin

Send a message via MSN to Gavin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will
Profits? I would be surprised if Triumph ever showed very much profit as long as John Bloor owns 100% of it. He is building capital, not cash flow, so there is no reason for him to show a taxable profit. If there is a big operating profit that gets plowed back into product development, then it is very healthy.
word.

then again, racing and racing sponsorship is a very good tax loss :lol:

post #43 of 129 Old 02-02-06, 18:22
DAYTONA.6MAN

Looks like we have a worthwhile debate on our hands. Whilst I may seem critical of Triumph I guess its because I want them to do well & with this bike it looks as if they have the tools to do the job. R&D or Racing? I thought they were the same thing. A lot of data from TVM will have gone into the 675, thats for sure & as far as banning the bike goes if it cleans up, the Japs are more likely to raise their game. Wonder which one of the four has approached Mr. Clifford about producing a lightweight triple :roll:

post #44 of 129 Old 02-02-06, 18:26
Sarchi
T675.net Founding Father...

Send a message via MSN to Sarchi Send a message via Skype™ to Sarchi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickshifter
I would be happy to donate some stuff for prizes, I have a brand new lid and some good celebrity memorabilia.

I am sure everyone could get 50.00 together at a car boot sale or some odds and sods put on e-bay would do the trick, alternatively we could just sit back and see if someone else gets out of their chair. :oops:
I suspect Triumph stopped racing due to cost and it was a sad day when you knew you wouldn't see that again....... we could make sure it doesn't happen to Paul if we pull together?

20,000.00 would not be impossible if each member could find 50.00, you know you could, even if meant a few less beers for a bit :shock: :shock: :shock:
:shock: Not exactly what I had in mind. I'd be happy if we sold 200 tickets at $5, or whatever. Maybe I'm thinking too small, but hassling people to give money isn't my bag... leave that to the televangelists. 8)

post #45 of 129 Old 02-02-06, 18:34
Will

That's it! We need to start a televangelist TV show. All we would need to do is find some reason than 675 is a good number. Uh, how about the fact that it is nine more than 666, and, uh, nine, is uh... the... uh... way to counteract beasts. Aw, shoot, it will never work. It IS a beast. But it is a good beast. That's it! Just call in and pledge, folks! Make your donation today and be saved, or make Paul Young go really fast, whichever comes first.

OK, so who gets out of the armchair to do that first?

If it runs right, I didn't tune it.
post #46 of 129 Old 02-02-06, 19:21
Rat Race
BOTM Winner

G'day Youngy, great to have you on board!

For those that don't follow the BSB, Paul came 2nd last year in the Superstock championship on a CBR1000RR. If memory serves me right, he even entered a some races on the same weekend on a CBR600RR in the Supersport championship. The guy can ride it like it's stolen alright.

I am interested in seeing if I can do some business with you Paul, so I will send you an email.

In the meantime can you tell us what you think is better and worse about your race prepped 675 compared to the cbr you rode last season?

Cheers and the best of luck for the coming season. I will see you at the front!
post #47 of 129 Old 02-03-06, 03:48
Quickshifter

Who wants to hassle anyone, this is for those that want to do it. I got my fifty quid ready, who else.

Triumph Triple Challenge & T3 Racing. Home of the 675. www.triumphtriplechallenge.com & www.t3-racing.co.uk.

"If you can't get rid of the skeleton in your closet, you'd best teach it to dance."
post #48 of 129 Old 02-03-06, 04:35
daytona63

Triumph has been able to run losses for the past ten years because of Mr Bloor's 35 million shareholding that started the company. You cannot do that indefinitely though. Many more years of those losses and the name would have disappeared without trace again. They had to take out a 10 million loan last year so thinks probably were not all that rosy and maybe that is now why profit is their big aim.

I wonder if Daytona.6man is correct in his surmisation of why Ross Clifford left the company. Sounds very feasible!
post #49 of 129 Old 02-03-06, 08:52
Scarlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickshifter
Who wants to hassle anyone, this is for those that want to do it. I got my fifty quid ready, who else.
Definately - another one here.

Noam - can we add a link for Paul ??
post #50 of 129 Old 02-03-06, 11:24
DAYTONA.6MAN

Yeah! Put me down for fifty. We have 460 odd peeps on this site. If everyone could put in a tenner that would be a good start. How its gonna be distributed, well thats another question.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement