Team PYR Triumph - British Supersport Championship - Page 3 - Triumph675.Net Forums
675's racing in BSB/BSS Daytona 675 BSB/BSS racing news

post #21 of 129 Old 02-01-06, 17:51
Gavin

Send a message via MSN to Gavin
Quote:
Originally Posted by danch
Quote:
Originally Posted by daytona63
You would have to be a bike racing fan to want to sponsor. If i had a company that could do it, i would, just so i could watch the racing from an insiders point of view sometimes.

I suspect Triumph have their doubts as to whether the bike can be a race winner otherwise they would have backed it themselves. A winning bike will have sales flooding in so there can be no other reason :shock:
Why would they spend the money backing a race team to sell a bike that's sold out?
but it hasnt sold out, its only the initial production run thats sold out, the bike will continue to sell from now untill triumph decide to change it.

i think the decision not to back a race team is more to do with deminishing returns.....to compete at a major level would need a huge investment and its hard to quantify how much its worth in brand image or actual sales. probably some decimal of a single percentage, and for a small volume manufacturer like triumph, its just not worth it. same reason aprillia stopped racing a team at international level. for someone like honda, that small decimal of a percentage probably amounts to a significant number of extra units sold.

if the bike is an out of the crate winner, plenty of club racers will wake up to it soon enough, and that will probably do more for triumph than their own investment in the sport at high level.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 129 Old 02-01-06, 17:54
Sarchi
T675.net Founding Father...

Send a message via MSN to Sarchi Send a message via Skype™ to Sarchi
There ya go, Gavin said it a lot more eloquently. Must be that great Bordeaux he drinks. :)

post #23 of 129 Old 02-01-06, 18:17
kneepuck

Paul,

I knew I heard of that name before... Best of luck. I will do what ever I can to throw sponsorship your way. I will be eagerly waiting race reports and results :D . With out sharing trade secrets it would be great if you let us know what works and what doesn't as you deconstruct and reconstruct your race bikes. The BSB is a very exciting series to watch. I am very impressed by the riding I see. Unfortunately we only get mid to end of the year highlights in the US.

If you don't smile every time you climb aboard your 675, fire it up, and chuck it into a corner, donít bother checking your pulse. Youíre already dead.

post #24 of 129 Old 02-01-06, 18:33
DAYTONA.6MAN

Awsome!! Great Brit Bike with Great Aussie guts :P What a combination. Just wondering if there is anything we as a group can do to assist. Raffles, appeals etc., I know the site is supporting people already. Can't help thinking that this bike is gonna be the absolute bizz :)
post #25 of 129 Old 02-01-06, 18:37
Sarchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAYTONA.6MAN
Awsome!! Great Brit Bike with Great Aussie guts :P What a combination. Just wondering if there is anything we as a group can do to assist. Raffles, appeals etc., I know the site is supporting people already. Can't help thinking that this bike is gonna be the absolute bizz :)
Yeah- I like the idea of a raffle. Let's do that. I'll pitch in one prize (something off Cafepress), can we get two more? M/C related preferably.
I just think more people would buy a ticket if there were three prizes to be awarded.

post #26 of 129 Old 02-01-06, 18:55
NitroNorry

Great to see Paul on here - I'm sure a lot of us would want to give some support. Unfortunately, with our limited numbers - the amount we are likely to get together isn't going to set the world on fire. I'll certainly be dropping a few more bucks in the sponsorship pot. Sarch - do we chuck it in the same place as the AJ and Richie fund?

Martin

Ex - 675 Rider!

Please checkout http://www.pirate-racing.net
post #27 of 129 Old 02-01-06, 23:05
Sarchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroNorry
Sarch - do we chuck it in the same place as the AJ and Richie fund?
Well, I really like the idea of organizing a raffle for this type of fund raiser. The AJ/Richie fund is in a bit of dire straits at around $207, on only eight ( 8 ) what I'd call generous contributions. It's certainly visible enough, I think. :? We have 460 members now.. what I had hoped to see was a lot of people throwing $5 in, without giving it too much thought. But that hasn't happened.

If we can get some decent prizes - a new helmet, jacket, back protector, etc., and put the tickets at $5.. maybe we'd get somewhere. ?

If it worked we could do it again for AJ & Richie, and maybe for Christian Elkin as well.

So....anyone chummy enough with their Triumph dealer -or other vendor- to snag some items like that? Or even if we could get them at really good wholesale price-- the ticket sales could probably cover it. Worth a try I think.

post #28 of 129 Old 02-02-06, 01:55
kneepuck

I'll spring for a set of skyking front sliders to put in the raffle.

If you don't smile every time you climb aboard your 675, fire it up, and chuck it into a corner, donít bother checking your pulse. Youíre already dead.
post #29 of 129 Old 02-02-06, 02:02
administrator
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to administrator
Nice! :)
post #30 of 129 Old 02-02-06, 03:57
daytona63

As Gavin says, the bike is nowhere near sold out. MCN this week has adverts from dealers advertising bikes that you can have in June. I think this deposits thing has been one big marketing ploy to make people commit to buying before they saw anything else.

On the other point, racing is getting prohibitively expensive. I know a local lad who competed in the R6 cup last year and he has said that just that it cost him in excess of £40000 just to do that series and they don't spend anything on bike development.

I think the fact that Triumph hadn't made a profit til last year maybe a reason why they don't want to spend on racing. To race is one thing but to race to win costs extreme amounts of money. It still seems strange though that if they thought it could win( or in this case an experienced racer thinks it can win) that they wouldn't back it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement