Team PYR Triumph - British Supersport Championship - Page 2 - Triumph675.Net Forums
675's racing in BSB/BSS Daytona 675 BSB/BSS racing news

post #11 of 129 Old 02-01-06, 15:09
Quickshifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarchi
I also find it very interesting that some experienced (and successful) racers are betting their fortunes on the 675, literally in its' infancy. No track record for this machine, no reliability data, no parts inventories, etc. That must make it all the more difficult to get serious sponsors.
I agree and its a joke, sad part is they will be falling over themselves when he starts winning. It is such a shame that businesses don't have a little more faith.

The man is in the know, in the city millions have been placed on the theory that someone is in the know.

Triumph Triple Challenge & T3 Racing. Home of the 675. www.triumphtriplechallenge.com & www.t3-racing.co.uk.

"If you can't get rid of the skeleton in your closet, you'd best teach it to dance."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 129 Old 02-01-06, 15:16
Will

Well, the sponsors may not know about it much, but I suspect that Paul knows exactly how fast and reliable it is. Not only that, but he probably knows where it can be shaved, where it needs reinforcing, and how to make it just a little faster. A sponsor would be nuts not to sponsor him- if he does really well on a regular basis, it is going to be in the mainstream press all over Britain all the time. A British company couldn't get much better publicity than that.

If it runs right, I didn't tune it.
post #13 of 129 Old 02-01-06, 15:21
Sarchi
T675.net Founding Father...

Send a message via MSN to Sarchi Send a message via Skype™ to Sarchi
Maybe it's an "angle" that could be used to attract would-be sponsors.... go for companies that want to project a cutting edge image?

Not that I know anything about how this stuff works.. just a thought.

post #14 of 129 Old 02-01-06, 15:26
Sarchi

Will's right- the 675 will be getting loads of extra attention, at least the first few races. That's good publicity.

I say go for companies with huge cash reserves... Microsoft, Shell and the like. 10 grand is less than pocket change for some of these guys, problem is the bureacracy, nothing gets approved too fast unless you have an "in" with a very senior mgr.

post #15 of 129 Old 02-01-06, 17:00
Quickshifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarchi
Will's right- the 675 will be getting loads of extra attention, at least the first few races. That's good publicity.

I say go for companies with huge cash reserves... Microsoft, Shell and the like. 10 grand is less than pocket change for some of these guys, problem is the bureacracy, nothing gets approved too fast unless you have an "in" with a very senior mgr.
Business is business and they are only interested in column inches most of the time and not just to trade press unless thats were they come from. Very difficult to do unless you have a large campaign on the go to get the exposure and that costs, to find a sponsor like that you have to be talking a year or so before the deal is needed.
It would have been great if the dealers had put in a couple of bob each and then they and their best customers could have had some hospitality at their local rounds.

Triumph Triple Challenge & T3 Racing. Home of the 675. www.triumphtriplechallenge.com & www.t3-racing.co.uk.

"If you can't get rid of the skeleton in your closet, you'd best teach it to dance."
post #16 of 129 Old 02-01-06, 17:07
Scarlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickshifter
Business is business and they are only interested in column inches most of the time and not just to trade press unless thats were they come from.
Unfortunately very true, companies won't really sponsor anyone without getting some sort of return for it.

Supersport doesn't have the coverage of the Superbike races, either on TV or in the papers. It will normally be included in the scheduling, but should (for whatever reason) the races be delayed, the Superbike races will always take priority to be shown.
post #17 of 129 Old 02-01-06, 17:29
daytona63

You would have to be a bike racing fan to want to sponsor. If i had a company that could do it, i would, just so i could watch the racing from an insiders point of view sometimes.

I suspect Triumph have their doubts as to whether the bike can be a race winner otherwise they would have backed it themselves. A winning bike will have sales flooding in so there can be no other reason :shock:
post #18 of 129 Old 02-01-06, 17:33
danch

Quote:
Originally Posted by daytona63
You would have to be a bike racing fan to want to sponsor. If i had a company that could do it, i would, just so i could watch the racing from an insiders point of view sometimes.

I suspect Triumph have their doubts as to whether the bike can be a race winner otherwise they would have backed it themselves. A winning bike will have sales flooding in so there can be no other reason :shock:
Why would they spend the money backing a race team to sell a bike that's sold out?
post #19 of 129 Old 02-01-06, 17:43
Scarlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by danch
Quote:
Originally Posted by daytona63

Why would they spend the money backing a race team to sell a bike that's sold out?
There would be plenty of reason

First - as above

Also - Triumph have not built themselves or the bikes around racing. Thye built bikes for the road. In all of the test reports the guys all say yep on the track she is good, but will rule on the road.
post #20 of 129 Old 02-01-06, 17:46
Sarchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by danch
So they could build on the (2006) sales success in the following years?

The other possibility is that Triumph have no doubt the bike will do well in racing, even without factory support.. so then, why bother with the cost and aggravation.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement