Team PYR Triumph - British Supersport Championship - Triumph675.Net Forums
675's racing in BSB/BSS Daytona 675 BSB/BSS racing news

post #1 of 129 Old 01-31-06, 18:31 Thread Starter
PYR96

Team PYR Triumph - British Supersport Championship

Hello all
I thought it was about time I got around to posting a message to let the 675 enthusiasts of the world know about my team.

My name is Paul Young. Those of you who have followed British Championship for the past 7 years should know me and if you followed Australian Championship before that you should also know me. For those that don't know me I've been road racing for 15 years and won a bit of stuff in that time.

This year I will be in British Supersport with my own team on Triumph 675's. I'm more than hopeful of running at the front, as I know I can and indeed have won races in both British and Australian Supersport championships, and know the bike has the potential to win at that level.

The reason I am so sure about the bike is because I've already done about 6000 miles on the bike, mostly around race tracks. How?? Well as well as racing and occasional testing for Superbike Magazine, I'm also a contract test rider for Triumph.
Having been involved with the 675 since 2004 I have both a soft spot for the bike and an understanding of just how good it really is, and believe me it is! It's the best production bike I've ever ridden, and I've ridden all the ones that count.

This could end up being a very very long posting so I'll cut to the chase.

My team is privately funded and despite my links has no factory support what so ever ( although they were asked ). Jack Lilley Motorcycles have supplied a bike and the other has been bought by a mate. I also have good product sponsorship from a loyal bunch of M/C industry companies that have been with me a long time.

My biggest problem at the moment is finding the cash sponsors that pay for the things that can only be covered by pound notes. Remember there are no 'kit' bits so I'm having to get all the engine and chassis tuning parts designed, produced and developed from scratch. Don't get me wrong, I do have some budget, but not yet enough to give this bike the chance it deserves to take on the factory backed teams.
If anyone is interested or can think of any leads or contacts that might be interested in getting involved with this project at any level, please contact me at paulyoungracing@aol.com

A team website is being constructed at the moment, so anyone interested can follow my progress. I shall endeavour to keep you all informed on this forum as well, though with only 7 weeks till the first race, and doing as much test riding work as I can to help pay to go racing, I may not have much time for regular postings.

If you've got this far, thanks for reading this. And most importantly, enjoy your 675, I know you're going to!!

Youngy96
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 129 Old 01-31-06, 18:38
Abzz

Cheers Paul, good to have you on board!
We are all hoping you will do well on the bike.
we have a couple of clubmen on here racing 675s next year and some of us have been contributing to a "racing fund" to help but its only pennies I am afraid :(
Sarchi our hardworking Admin will let you know about it i am sure

The older I get the faster I was!

1981____________________2007
post #3 of 129 Old 01-31-06, 18:45
Will

Thanks for letting us know, and great luck. I hope the funds materialize.

If it runs right, I didn't tune it.

post #4 of 129 Old 02-01-06, 08:42
Scarlet

Hi Paul,

Thank you saying hi - nice to have you around here.

Have been going to the BSB meetings for the past few years. Will no doubt be there again this year.

Will be nice to see you on the 675.

All the very best for the forthcomming season.
post #5 of 129 Old 02-01-06, 09:33
Greg

Good luck with the racing! Must admit, I had never heard of you before, but then don't really follow racing much :oops: Mind you, I suppose you had never heard of me either :lol:

Will certainly keep an eye out for news about you and your team!

I'm British, I ride a Triumph. Life doesn't get much better!
Blasphemy - The victimless crime.
Flickr
post #6 of 129 Old 02-01-06, 11:28
Fab

wow, Triumph winning races again i can see it now,

two fingers up to the japs mohahaha

Good luck, give em hell.

Ill ask my work if their interested in sponsership i work for a Private Bank so see how that goes.

Ta

Fab

I approach every intersection as a shooting range... I'm the bunny!
post #7 of 129 Old 02-01-06, 11:43
administrator
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to administrator
Paul, that was a great post... welcome to t675.

Looking forward to hearing more from you. I think you were being a bit modest about your accomplishments too. 8)
post #8 of 129 Old 02-01-06, 11:52
Daytomann

This is awesome! Thanks for posting this bit of good news!

I will definately be following your (and the other folks from this site that are racing) progress as well. Good luck to you and your team!

Unfortunately, I dont have any sponsorship contacts but I hope you find all the finances that you need.

"Never question Chuck Norris."...beeeotch!
post #9 of 129 Old 02-01-06, 13:16
daytona63

Good luck, mate. But it says it all about british racing that a known skilled rider has to go round looking for sponsorship just about anywhere.

You would think that as he helped Triumph with the development that they could have backed him in some small way at least.

That's why we don't produce any young Motogp riders in the uk!!!!
post #10 of 129 Old 02-01-06, 14:38
Sarchi
T675.net Founding Father...

Send a message via MSN to Sarchi Send a message via Skype™ to Sarchi
I also find it very interesting that some experienced (and successful) racers are betting their fortunes on the 675, literally in its' infancy. No track record for this machine, no reliability data, no parts inventories, etc. That must make it all the more difficult to get serious sponsors.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement