2017 Street Triple 765 models ? - Page 13 - Triumph675.Net Forums

post #121 of 156 Old 01-10-17, 22:50
GraphiteGold

That might be true for the RS but if you read it model for S and R it says S tune and R tune followed by the power numbers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 156 Old 01-10-17, 23:00
manxkiwi

Still they go for a dip stick too. Have Triumph got a phobia about sight windows? It's not major, but it is a bit of a pain IMO.
post #123 of 156 Old 01-10-17, 23:10
ssbfgc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neanderthal View Post
That's not Triumph's way of playing ball. I'm betting they will do just like they did the Daytona/Street Triple. They will play games with the cams/valves/pistons, ect. Flashing the ECU would be too simple/cheap of a solution in the "penis envy" marketing game.

Triumph has been doing weird shit with their models lately. There's like 6 different Tiger 800's and same for Explorers. Utterly complex.

post #124 of 156 Old 01-10-17, 23:29
Shamrock

Consider me unimpressed. 121hp/56tq?

Best part about the launch is the instrument panel!
post #125 of 156 Old 01-11-17, 00:17
Renboy

Garage
I actually think Triumph did it right, and here's why:
1. The original ST3 had 91hp and 44lbs, to bump the numbers to 121hp and 56lbs will be quite noticeable.
2. What they changed on the bike makes it look better imo (the dash I'm not sold on yet). I hate when companies change their products just for the sake of change without improving anything and ruin their product in the process (BMW interiors for the last 10 years are a perfect example). I prefer evolution rather than radical changes.
3. With the different trim levels they will appeal to a wider target than if they only stuck with one trim level. Before the ST3R came out, there were a lot of owners that left it as is with regard to suspension (the new S model). There were some that installed the Daytona adjustable suspensions (the new R model), and there were the select few that either got aftermarket cartridges and shocks or got the Daytona R suspensions and installed those (the new RS model). Having the range they have now, they've targeted all 3 of the previous ST3 owners. The difference will be that the upgraders can opt to pay up front rather than upgrading over time. Not to mention, with the Daytona at least, it was cheaper to get the R than it was to upgrade the regular Daytona to R specs (when you take all the carbon parts into consideration).

Will the bike be more expensive? It has to be. All the electronics that are on the bike now aren't free. Not to mention the first ST3 came out 10 years ago, inflation has to kick in at some point.

Just my $0.02

The sooner you introduce motorcycles into your children's lives, the less likely they'll have money for drugs, alcohol and cigarettes as teenagers.
post #126 of 156 Old 01-11-17, 01:00
Shamrock

Last year's model had 106hp/50tq from 90cc less.
post #127 of 156 Old 01-11-17, 08:12
Plasmablaster

Garage
I disagree with the notion that newer must mean necessarily bigger and more powerful. To begin with, power isn't everything in a motorcycle (otherwise we would all get Hayabusas and be done with it) , and furthermore, the power that a bike has dictates what kind of experience you can get out of it. There is a point from which more power only creates concern and a a need to exercise constrain. I ride a lot on the street and I love bikes I can go mad on without fearing for my life if I twist the grip two degrees more. Compared to the SV650 my ST-R has lessened the tight twisty parts where I can go mad on but has given me some new options for real fun on faster bends, which are nevertheless 80-90mph turns with 130 mph straight line speed intervals (speed limit is 50 - duh!). Significantly more power would start seriously transferring the riding experience on the tighter stuff from "attack" to "acrobatics" in the sense of having to constantly exercise tight balance on how much/long I open the throttle. It's not by luck that my mates with bigger bikes, mostly jap 1000s gripe and frown when I propose my favourite route. They only want the open parts.

So my bottom line is that 90-110bhp on the rear wheel are something of a "golden spot" for having fun on any terrain and I don't see the reason why a supposedly middleweight street bike should have something like 140+bhp. 120hp is plenty for a middleweight and if anybody wanted for more, for whatever reason, should simply look at the bigger category.

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched their c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like... tears in rain. Time to die."

Roy Batty, Blade Runner.
post #128 of 156 Old 01-11-17, 08:46
beatle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamrock View Post
Thanks Euro4!
post #129 of 156 Old 01-11-17, 08:54
ssbfgc

2017 Street Triple 765 models ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamrock View Post

But the percentage cc increase is almost exactly proportional to the hp and trq increases, so not all bad news.

Bigger concern is the price. Let's face it, Yamaha is putting out more appealing triples for the masses.
post #130 of 156 Old 01-11-17, 09:47
Allworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssbfgc View Post
But the percentage cc increase is almost exactly proportional to the hp and trq increases, so not all bad news.

Bigger concern is the price. Let's face it, Yamaha is putting out more appealing triples for the masses.
With 3 variants, so far, pricing will have greater flexibility.

Triumph is more of a premium brand, and pricing will most likely reflect that. Some people have tools from Harbour Frieght and others only buy Snap On............ Some people don't have any tools and yet will tell you all about tools that they would buy.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement