2017 Street Triple 765 models ? - Page 12 - Triumph675.Net Forums

post #111 of 171 Old 01-10-17, 18:27
Csorin

There's a really nice dash theme that has a white background and black dials. It's in the long video posted earlier in the thread.

You guys questioning whether 10+ years of development is going to make a difference are out of your minds. The bike is guaranteed to be better than the 08. I have an 08 with new fork internals, Daytona brakes, a k-tech rear shock and the arrow 3-1. This new model will certainly be equal to my 08 in stock form if not more likely better. Progress is inevitable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #112 of 171 Old 01-10-17, 18:35
thousandwords

Quote:
Originally Posted by thousandwords View Post
I can already count 3 styles from the pictures they provided

tach on the right side

tach on the top

and the ridiculous looking lower side extending on both left and right side

Might be more to it but that's what they showed us so far. As much as I hate saying this, is leaves a ford-focusy impression to me, not sure why, but I just find all that soft fading edged blue glow a little on the tacky side. It's probably just me though.
Edit to my own post. I got curious and searched youtube- look what i found! You're right! And I have to say- it looks awesome!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_y9g9BsgW8
The Following User Says Thank You to thousandwords For This Useful Post:
beatle (01-11-17)
post #113 of 171 Old 01-10-17, 18:40
thousandwords

Quote:
Originally Posted by thousandwords View Post
I can already count 3 styles from the pictures they provided

tach on the right side

tach on the top

and the ridiculous looking lower side extending on both left and right side

Might be more to it but that's what they showed us so far. As much as I hate saying this, is leaves a ford-focusy impression to me, not sure why, but I just find all that soft fading edged blue glow a little on the tacky side. It's probably just me though.

Edit to my own post. I got curious and searched youtube- look what i found! You're right! And I have to say- it looks awesome!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_y9g9BsgW8

post #114 of 171 Old 01-10-17, 18:52 Thread Starter
Hooligaz675
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Garage
Anyone has any info on the STX40 Ohlins RSU ?

Searched Ohlins website and the net but couldn't find any Ohlins RSU as STX40 !
There's a STX46 Street model on the Ohlins' website but no piggyback reservoir for that model:
https://www.ohlins.com/product/stx46...formance-line/

There are other STX46 models with remote reservoirs. But no STX40!

Quote:
Rear Suspension Ohlins STX40 piggyback reservoir monoshock, 131mm rear wheel travel. Adjustable spring preload (lock-rings), compression damping and rebound damping
http://www.triumphmotorcycles.com/bi...#specification
Maybe it's a typo on the Triumph's website ? Their webmaster also entered Speed Triple RS as the heading :/

- Do Not OpenNo User Serviceable Parts Inside ! -

Street Triple 2015 to custom RX with Daytona 675R front-end (aka Hooligaz RS Build)
post #115 of 171 Old 01-10-17, 19:07
Plasmablaster

Garage
My 2 cents:

This bike is surely way ahead than the previous version.

1. Looks: I like the direction. More hi-techy, especially the subtle air vents on the tail and front mask plastics but still characteristically leaner and cleaner than the much more exuberant Yamaha / Kawasaki, more sporty than the "classy" or even "loungey" Hondas and more to-the-point than the extremely angular and almost begging for looks Italians. Regarding the front, I like it. The lights are better than the previous more angular generation (but of course the round headlights are unsurpassable heh). Actually I love the looks apart from the strange-looking underseat area where what I see is a big plastic panel painted in a way to resemble the aluminium sub-frame of the previous generation. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong. Maybe that means at last proper underseat storage but meh anyways.

2. Engine. Hp gain should be noticeable. Ride by wire, different ride modes, and traction control may mean a great deal of difference in riding feel and safety. This, to a man who has highsided his 675 means a lot. I just hope the ride-by-wire doesn't produce a "plastic" feeling on the throttle as many people complained about the new R1. Ride modes is a fine touch too, and I hope there will be a way to create custom throttle response maps too.

3. Instruments: Something tells me that this big TFT screen will be hugely customisable. Let's wait and see - I hope some cool dude finds a way to pair it with police camera sensors or a rearview camera and turn it into a rearview screen, keeping a thin row of pixels on top or the side for basic info like speed and RPM and rendering mirrors redundant.

4. Chassis: I know nothing about geometry but the weight factor seems to at least not be worse so I'm expecting it to be every bit as precise and enjoyable as the previous models. The 675 is so easy anyway that any easier would feel like you aren't riding a motorcycle at all. If I am also correctly seeing, they didn't "upgrade" the forks to 43mm and that's a very-very good thing as the more rigid 43 forks deprive some of the feeling.

In all, if they got the ride-by-wire thing correctly (and there aren't any durability/reliability issues), I think we are in a for a huge improvement. I just wish I had the money.

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched their c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like... tears in rain. Time to die."

Roy Batty, Blade Runner.
post #116 of 171 Old 01-10-17, 19:46
windyrun

Garage
one thing i'm wondering and maybe someone here can answer is why the test rider in the launch youtube video was shaking his hands so much after coming to a stop. it looked almost as though his hands were tingling from vibration ... certainly hope not since the lack of bar vibes is a definite plus for the 675.

see here were rider does this https://youtu.be/4yK1MLGZE9E?t=6m5s
post #117 of 171 Old 01-10-17, 19:58
Neanderthal

Garage
Why does Triumph feel they needed to market 3 different power levels? I can understand saving a few dollars with the suspension options, but the engine? WTF?
post #118 of 171 Old 01-10-17, 20:04
thousandwords

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neanderthal View Post
Why does Triumph feel they needed to market 3 different power levels? I can understand saving a few dollars with the suspension options, but the engine? WTF?

I want to bet that there will be a sizeable difference in price between the models as you go up in trim level. I am thinking marketing department felt like many more people will consider dishing out the extra coin if there was a difference in power as well, on top of better suspension, electronics, brakes etc. Just my guess.
post #119 of 171 Old 01-10-17, 20:17
GraphiteGold

but same motor in all so you know its nothing but a dealer installed ecu flash away
post #120 of 171 Old 01-10-17, 20:32
Neanderthal

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraphiteGold View Post
but same motor in all so you know its nothing but a dealer installed ecu flash away
That's not Triumph's way of playing ball. I'm betting they will do just like they did the Daytona/Street Triple. They will play games with the cams/valves/pistons, ect. Flashing the ECU would be too simple/cheap of a solution in the "penis envy" marketing game.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement