I have the opportunity to buy 2013 race ECU and race harness for $500. Is it worth it? Also is there anything I need to know about using a race ECU. I have a 2013 675R and it's a track only bike.
That is a great deal for the race ECU and harness. However, the base map on the race ECU's are for engines with the race valve kit installed. It will also remove ABS so you'll need the additional speed sensor.
Here are the notes from the Race Manual below:
• The Race ECM will only work with the Race Harnesses A9828020 (non ABS) and A9828021 (ABS).
• The Race ECM is pre-programmed for use with the following set of Race Kits: Inlet & Exhaust
Camshafts, Exhaust Valves, Air Filter Kit and Arrow Race Exhaust System. The tune has been developed
to suit a compression ratio of 14:1 with enlarged and polished inlet ports and the exhaust ports modified
as recommended on page 15.
• The rev limit on the race ECM has been increased from 14400 RPM to 15500 RPM.
• The indicated speed shown on the instruments is calibrated for the standard gearbox. If the final drive
ratio is changed, the indicated speed will be incorrect.
• Idle speed should be set to between 1,500 and 1,800 RPM.