2013 race ECU and harness - Triumph675.Net Forums
General 675 discussion Anything related to the Triumph 675 model(s), and miscellaneous motorcycle talk.

post #1 of 31 Old 10-06-16, 23:39 Thread Starter
chris 675r

2013 race ECU and harness

I have the opportunity to buy 2013 race ECU and race harness for $500. Is it worth it? Also is there anything I need to know about using a race ECU. I have a 2013 675R and it's a track only bike.

Thanks,

Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 Old 10-07-16, 08:32
hzhong456

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris 675r View Post
I have the opportunity to buy 2013 race ECU and race harness for $500. Is it worth it? Also is there anything I need to know about using a race ECU. I have a 2013 675R and it's a track only bike.

Thanks,

Chris
That is a great deal for the race ECU and harness. However, the base map on the race ECU's are for engines with the race valve kit installed. It will also remove ABS so you'll need the additional speed sensor.

Here are the notes from the Race Manual below:

Note:
The Race ECM will only work with the Race Harnesses A9828020 (non ABS) and A9828021 (ABS).
The Race ECM is pre-programmed for use with the following set of Race Kits: Inlet & Exhaust
Camshafts, Exhaust Valves, Air Filter Kit and Arrow Race Exhaust System. The tune has been developed
to suit a compression ratio of 14:1 with enlarged and polished inlet ports and the exhaust ports modified
as recommended on page 15.
The rev limit on the race ECM has been increased from 14400 RPM to 15500 RPM.
The indicated speed shown on the instruments is calibrated for the standard gearbox. If the final drive
ratio is changed, the indicated speed will be incorrect.
Idle speed should be set to between 1,500 and 1,800 RPM.
post #3 of 31 Old 10-07-16, 08:54 Thread Starter
chris 675r
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hzhong456 View Post
That is a great deal for the race ECU and harness. However, the base map on the race ECU's are for engines with the race valve kit installed. It will also remove ABS so you'll need the additional speed sensor.

Note:
The Race ECM will only work with the Race Harnesses A9828020 (non ABS) and A9828021 (ABS).
The Race ECM is pre-programmed for use with the following set of Race Kits: Inlet & Exhaust
Camshafts, Exhaust Valves, Air Filter Kit and Arrow Race Exhaust System. The tune has been developed
to suit a compression ratio of 14:1 with enlarged and polished inlet ports and the exhaust ports modified
The rev limit on the race ECM has been increased from 14400 RPM to 15500 RPM.
The indicated speed shown on the instruments is calibrated for the standard gearbox. If the final drive
Idle speed should be set to between 1,500 and 1,800 RPM.
My bike is completely stock except for competition werkes slip on exhaust. So I should pass on it? I don't plan on changing cams or valves.

Thanks,

Chris

post #4 of 31 Old 10-07-16, 09:45
hzhong456

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris 675r View Post
My bike is completely stock except for competition werkes slip on exhaust. So I should pass on it? I don't plan on changing cams or valves.

Thanks,

Chris
Unless you or somebody else can can re-tune the map, I would pass on it. That is just my suggestion though. Maybe someone else who knows more about it can chime in?
post #5 of 31 Old 10-07-16, 15:32
cajun636

Are you racing right now? Because like he said, it's a good deal, but even as a racer myself, I didn't get it because I would have no one to tune it for me.

WERA #330
CCS SE #30
CMRA # 330
MotoAmerica SSK600 #330
post #6 of 31 Old 10-07-16, 21:15 Thread Starter
chris 675r
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajun636 View Post
Are you racing right now? Because like he said, it's a good deal, but even as a racer myself, I didn't get it because I would have no one to tune it for me.

I am going to pass on the race ECU and harness.

Thanks
post #7 of 31 Old 12-31-16, 15:10
jb.junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajun636 View Post
I don't think anyone can tune these 13+ ECUs, right? It's like the first two gens where you could use Tuneboy / TuneECU and have someone make you a custom map. I think that pretty much everyone who races these things has to use a PC or Bazzaz to be able to map it.

I'm just adding this because I'm about to get a 13+ bike and am wondering if it's even worth the race loom and ECU. Especially if I'm not going to change the valves.
post #8 of 31 Old 12-31-16, 16:50
tottenham12712

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb.junior View Post
I don't think anyone can tune these 13+ ECUs, right? It's like the first two gens where you could use Tuneboy / TuneECU and have someone make you a custom map. I think that pretty much everyone who races these things has to use a PC or Bazzaz to be able to map it.

I'm just adding this because I'm about to get a 13+ bike and am wondering if it's even worth the race loom and ECU. Especially if I'm not going to change the valves.
Correct, which is a waste of time IMO. Im actually calling haltech next week hopefully to talk about if we can run a 13+ engine off of one of their units. Will require harness modification and probably a new gauge cluster but if its not too much work I think its a better use of money.
post #9 of 31 Old 01-05-17, 06:59
*GT*

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hzhong456 View Post

Note:
• The Race ECM will only work with the Race Harnesses A9828020 (non ABS) and A9828021 (ABS).
• The Race ECM is pre-programmed for use with the following set of Race Kits: Inlet & Exhaust
• The rev limit on the race ECM has been increased from 14400 RPM to 15500 RPM.
• The indicated speed shown on the instruments is calibrated for the standard gearbox. If the final drive
• Idle speed should be set to between 1,500 and 1,800 RPM.
I recently acquired a 2014 675 with race ECU and harness. The donor bike was an ABS model. My Bazzaz software is not reading the proper gear position. Initially I thought it was a defective Gear Position Sensor so I installed a new one. Unfortunately that didn't resolve my issue. I think the next logical step is to troubleshoot the speed sensor, except I have no idea where to find the damn thing! Can you tell me more about the "additional speed sensor?" Where to find it, what it looks like, etc. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: I pulled up the Race Manuel and found some information regarding the speed sensor. If you any of you have dealt with a similar issue please feel free to chime in.

2014 Triumph Daytona 675 (track)
2008 KTM 990 Super Duke R (street)

Last edited by *GT*; 01-05-17 at 07:10.
post #10 of 31 Old 01-05-17, 12:14
MGFChapin

Garage
The new speedo sensor is on the top of the engine by the starter.

I would be genuinely surprised if the sensor was causing your problem. Did you ever manage to disconnect the Bazzaz to troubleshoot?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement