13+ ss build. tuning, suspension etc - Page 4 - Triumph675.Net Forums
General Racing Discussions Discussion area for any non 675 related racing (Moto GP, World Superbike, etc) & general race set up / questions.

post #31 of 44 Old 03-31-16, 16:36 Thread Starter
bruce177
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGFChapin View Post
The race ECU should come with software, but I've never used it on a 3rd gen so I don't know how much adjustability there is. I'm guessing very little, since the race ECU is still locked. The PCV would tune air/fuel and the ignition module would change the rev limiter and also timing, since you don't want the race ECU's timing settings if you're not doing kit cams.

Yes, stock ECU needs PCV or similar for air/fuel. An ignition module isn't necessary if you're keeping the rev limit & timing stock.

The QS can go directly to the PCV, or you can use the OE QS plug, which will still work with either ECU. My tuner recommends using the OE plug since it cuts fuel and spark. The PCV only cuts one of them, I forget which.
Thanks for the response. I will go with an oem quick shifter.

Triumph just email me back and they do not use TRACS anymore and tune through PowerCommander.

As longs as there is no messing with TRACS I will go with Race Harness and ECU. Thanks !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 44 Old 03-31-16, 16:37
MGFChapin

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce177 View Post
Thanks for the response. I will go with an oem quick shifter.

Triumph just email me back and they do not use TRACS anymore and tune through PowerCommander.

As longs as there is no messing with TRACS I will go with Race Harness and ECU. Thanks !
Cool, let us know how it goes. I'm curious to see how much you can adjust the rev limit with the ignition module.
post #33 of 44 Old 03-31-16, 16:39 Thread Starter
bruce177

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGFChapin View Post
The race ECU should come with software, but I've never used it on a 3rd gen so I don't know how much adjustability there is. I'm guessing very little, since the race ECU is still locked. The PCV would tune air/fuel and the ignition module would change the rev limiter and also timing, since you don't want the race ECU's timing settings if you're not doing kit cams.

Yes, stock ECU needs PCV or similar for air/fuel. An ignition module isn't necessary if you're keeping the rev limit & timing stock.

The QS can go directly to the PCV, or you can use the OE QS plug, which will still work with either ECU. My tuner recommends using the OE plug since it cuts fuel and spark. The PCV only cuts one of them, I forget which.

The main benefit to the race ECU is ditching the ABS pump & hardware. If you're OK either manually turning it off every time you cycle the ignition, or you'll leave the pump and cap off the lines, a stock ECU should be fine.
The above is interesting after re-readig it again. I didn't realize you could raise the rev limit with the stock one.. if thats the case then the Race stuff other then loosing some connections isn't worth while .. for me.
post #34 of 44 Old 03-31-16, 16:43
MGFChapin

Garage
Quote:
The above is interesting after re-readig it again. I didn't realize you could raise the rev limit with the stock one.. if thats the case then the Race stuff other then loosing some connections isn't worth while .. for me.
Here's the site: http://www.powercommander.com/powerc...odule.aspx#ddl

They say only some models have adjustable rev limit and I don't know for sure the Triumph is one of them. We should find out. Want me to contact them?
post #35 of 44 Old 03-31-16, 16:48 Thread Starter
bruce177

If you would like that would be awesome, I asked my rep at Triumph we will see what he says.
post #36 of 44 Old 03-31-16, 16:52 Thread Starter
bruce177

I'm on a budget like most.. so if I don't have to spend the money on Kit ECU and harness great!

On Dynojets website under the 2013 675 their page "fails" when i try to bring up the Ignition Module specs on it..

So hopefully you get and answer
post #37 of 44 Old 03-31-16, 17:08
MGFChapin

Garage
Wow, their customer service is awesome. Just got off the phone with a really knowledgeable guy.

The ignition module out of the box allows you to raise the rev limit by 500 RPM. If you want to go higher than that, you send them a rev extend form specifying the amount by which you need it raised, and make sure you include a list of parts you've installed to compensate for the higher limit and that it's a race-only bike etc etc. They'll email you back a code that you enter to get it changed.

In my case, I plan on getting the kit ECU & harness but no top-end parts except maybe springs, so I need to lower the limit by 1100 RPM back to stock, which means I'll also need to send in a request form.
post #38 of 44 Old 03-31-16, 21:45 Thread Starter
bruce177

Wow sweet! This applies for the 13+?
post #39 of 44 Old 03-31-16, 21:54
MGFChapin

Garage
Quote:
Wow sweet! This applies for the 13+?
Yes, this only applies to the 13+ since unfortunately for us the 06-12 is much easier to tune. Looks like we have a good solution here though, can't wait to start building this thing.
The Following User Says Thank You to MGFChapin For This Useful Post:
bruce177 (04-01-16)
post #40 of 44 Old 05-03-16, 20:18
Eric Dineen

Quote:
Originally Posted by aftriathlete View Post
Yeah I'm on a 2010 with aftermarket NIX30 cartridges in the front, OEM TTX in the rear with a ride height clevis added (though admittedly it's just stayed adjusted all the way to its shortest setting since it's been on there considering it made the shock 5mm longer), TRS rear link, and modified OEM triples with 28mm offset (they still look OEM!). So my setup is somewhat similar, though I would love to try gas carts out some time.

It makes a difference too though that I'm racing on the same track all year, so setup changes are very minor if any from round to round, we just switch directions.
How did you mod your triples?

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement