The 2016 FORUM Member Race Thread - Page 14 - Triumph675.Net Forums
General Racing Discussions Discussion area for any non 675 related racing (Moto GP, World Superbike, etc) & general race set up / questions.

post #131 of 135 Old 10-10-16, 12:44
Zaph

Had a fun season racing my 300. We're all done for the year up here in Wisconsin. My greatest accomplishment isn't the couple of 4th place finishes I managed to get, it's the fact that I didn't crash it or end up in the hospital at all this year.

Racing these little bikes is a lot of fun.

Photo credits: RyHNoFoto on Facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #132 of 135 Old 10-10-16, 12:55
HoneyBadger

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaph View Post
Had a fun season racing my 300. We're all done for the year up here in Wisconsin. My greatest accomplishment isn't the couple of 4th place finishes I managed to get, it's the fact that I didn't crash it or end up in the hospital at all this year.

Racing these little bikes is a lot of fun.

Photo credits: RyHNoFoto on Facebook
Not crashing is great, having fun is the whole point of it - if you're not enjoying it, this sport is way to dangerous to do if you're hating it!

Congrats on a good season and feeling accomplished!

Racing Like a Honey Badger Blog - updated 10/27/16 with AFM Round 7 Race Report and 2016 Wrap Up

AFM #302

Special thanks to my 2016 sponsors and supporters!!
RiderzLaw; Dainese D-Store SF; Catalyst Reaction Suspension Tuning; Woodcraft; Dunlop Race Tires; Pacific Track Time; Erich Stiegler Farmer's Insurance; Cycle Gear; Motion Pro; Moto Guild; Chicken Hawk Racing; Skratch Labs
post #133 of 135 Old 10-10-16, 18:52
Zaph

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyBadger View Post
Not crashing is great, having fun is the whole point of it - if you're not enjoying it, this sport is way to dangerous to do if you're hating it!

Congrats on a good season and feeling accomplished!
With my history, accomplishment takes a different meaning. I've had a couple of nasty debilitating crashes in 2014 and 2015. Megabucks worth of hospital bills, physical therapy, rehabilitation of various limbs, 3 titanium plates and 50 screws. I was almost, but not quite, ready to give it up.

So just getting through this season was a major mental effort. My first race this season, I'm sitting on the grid and quivering and thinking oooooh fuuuuuuck! All I wanted to do was get my mojo back and not be afraid. But by the end of the season I'm sitting on the grid and thinking oh yeah, let's go!

I made it through and I feel awesome.
post #134 of 135 Old 10-10-16, 19:00
HoneyBadger

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaph View Post
With my history, accomplishment takes a different meaning. I've had a couple of nasty debilitating crashes in 2014 and 2015. Megabucks worth of hospital bills, physical therapy, rehabilitation of various limbs, 3 titanium plates and 50 screws. I was almost, but not quite, ready to give it up.

So just getting through this season was a major mental effort. My first race this season, I'm sitting on the grid and quivering and thinking oooooh fuuuuuuck! All I wanted to do was get my mojo back and not be afraid. But by the end of the season I'm sitting on the grid and thinking oh yeah, let's go!

I made it through and I feel awesome.
Oh, I can understand - my "big crash" wasn't quite as bad as all that, but still earned me a whirly bird ride and some permanent hardware....that was 2012, this summer was the first time I made it through that corner about as effectively as I could. I was riding and racing, but that corner in particular I would pussy-foot through. When I was finally carrying the speed I could and that elbow touched down I knew I'd finally overcome the fear.

So, I COMPLETELY understand that kind of a sense of accomplishment!

Racing Like a Honey Badger Blog - updated 10/27/16 with AFM Round 7 Race Report and 2016 Wrap Up

AFM #302

RiderzLaw; Dainese D-Store SF; Catalyst Reaction Suspension Tuning; Woodcraft; Dunlop Race Tires; Pacific Track Time; Erich Stiegler Farmer's Insurance; Cycle Gear; Motion Pro; Moto Guild; Chicken Hawk Racing; Skratch Labs
post #135 of 135 Old 10-27-16, 15:47
HoneyBadger

Garage
Well, the AFM season has wrapped up, and I've got my full race report up on my blog! I learned a lot over the year, made some big gains, and made a fair bit of improvement as a rider. I'm really looking forward to next year, however, and stepping up my game even more.

Hoping to hang onto my daytona and run a class or two on it just to keep my skills sharp! I'll update as the winter progresses, I've got a lot of work between now and next spring, between getting myself into some seriously good physical shape, getting the new bike, and earning the $$ for the new bike! Won't be nearly as much fun or exciting as being out there, but it's the work I need to do if I'm going to reach my goals!

AFM #302

Sponsored Links
Advertisement