2013+ geometry opinions - Page 3 - Triumph675.Net Forums
General Racing Discussions Discussion area for any non 675 related racing (Moto GP, World Superbike, etc) & general race set up / questions.

post #21 of 30 Old 12-10-14, 16:50
RidersDiscount

They are the newest style and we just received 5 sets with gold uppers and silver lowers. (best looking color combo that I've seen) Once you get the setup right the bike will feel long and stable, however it will still steering quickly and holding a line. Best bike on the brakes I have ever ridden.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 30 Old 02-09-15, 22:31
AlanD

Any update of this topic? Seem interest to me since I noticed some fatigue turning in tight corners, after 10 laps of my track day session.
post #23 of 30 Old 02-26-15, 03:00 Thread Starter
mszilves
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanD View Post
...I noticed some fatigue turning in tight corners, after 10 laps of my track day session.
Is this with the stock triples or the Attacks?

"Not a fan of fork sliders - had them on my race bike and it lifted the front wheel off the deck twice causing a lowside"
__
WMRRA #11
http://www.hookit.com/members/markszilveszter/
2013 Daytona 675R - race bike
2013 Street Triple R - "other" bike
post #24 of 30 Old 02-26-15, 03:05 Thread Starter
mszilves

Garage
Had the bike on track for 2 days of testing/setup this past weekend at Sonoma Raceways.

The Attack triples are worth every penny in my opinion!

Sonoma is a technical track, with lots of transitions, a good mix of fast and slower corners, and only 1 short straight.

The 2 biggest things I noticed right away were the feel from the front end while leaned over, and heavy braking.

The front end feel was much better, I could trail the brakes into corners more confidently, and during long sweeping sections the bike felt very stable.

Braking in heavy braking zones was noticeably improved, the front end felt very solid, the chassis was stable.

I *think* it was a little bit harder to change direction, which is to be expected, but this was a new circuit to me, so I'll have a better comparison when I ride my more familiar tracks. But if anything it's a minor difference.

Overall, I think it was worth every penny. It removed for me what was the bike's only weak point (front feel) in my opinion.

"Not a fan of fork sliders - had them on my race bike and it lifted the front wheel off the deck twice causing a lowside"
__
WMRRA #11
post #25 of 30 Old 02-26-15, 09:17
AlanD

Quote:
Originally Posted by mszilves View Post
Is this with the stock triples or the Attacks?
With stock. Now I have renthal clips on and will try a wider angle to reduce that.

How many was your AP tripple? And wich insert are you running?
post #26 of 30 Old 02-26-15, 17:20 Thread Starter
mszilves

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanD View Post
How many was your AP tripple? And wich insert are you running?
Just PM TJ at Riders Discount for a price. Mine came with a #4 insert.

__
WMRRA #11
post #27 of 30 Old 02-26-15, 17:24
RidersDiscount

Once the bike is set up correctly with clamps and link it will feel long and stable (great on the brakes) but you will still be able to turn the bike and finish the corner.
post #28 of 30 Old 12-19-16, 16:17
14STRasta

Hi I was wondering the same thing as I am trying to do a Daytona "R" front end conversion, I also am not sure if it will be safe. Did you get any feed back as I am looking for the same answer(s)?
post #29 of 30 Old 12-19-16, 16:20
14STRasta

Hello does anyone know if milling the STR lower tree is safe or do I need a new triple to accommodate the ohlins?
post #30 of 30 Old 12-20-16, 13:08 Thread Starter
mszilves

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14STRasta View Post
Hi I was wondering the same thing as I am trying to do a Daytona "R" front end conversion, I also am not sure if it will be safe. Did you get any feed back as I am looking for the same answer(s)?
It will definitely be "safe". The major differences with more trail are more stability under maximum braking, and more feel when trailbraking and leaned over. And it all depends on pace, and the rider's ability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14STRasta View Post
Hello does anyone know if milling the STR lower tree is safe or do I need a new triple to accommodate the ohlins?
I am assuming you are planning this for street application.

You can mill the STR lower to accommodate the Ohlins forks without problem (54mm vs 52mm diameter) and it should be fine under street applications, but I personally wouldn't run it at the track, and that's just my opinion. By using the STR triples vs the OEM Daytona triples, you will gain a few mm of trail, which you won't notice under normal riding.

If you're doing a street conversion, I would just bolt on the entire Daytona front end and call it a day.

__
WMRRA #11
Sponsored Links
Advertisement