Paddock Style Side Lift Stand with Hydraulic Reservoir for Triumph 675 Models - Page 5 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Group Buys All the Group Buys you could want to spruce up your 675....and then some.

post #41 of 84 Old 04-09-15, 23:47 Thread Starter
SV Racing Parts
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Thumbs up Paddock Style Side Lift Stand with Hydraulic Reservoir for Triumph 675 Models

Hey Good Brother, this is a fairly simple fix. Email me right away at b.layton@svracingparts.com with a contact phone number and I will give you a quick call and get you looked after right away,

Enjoy the ride, and best regards,
Blair,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 84 Old 04-09-15, 23:59
TwoWheeledWonder
Noob Hazer

Ill give you a shout tomorrow probably Blair, you helped me a lot I was just lazy when I did it as it was winter and cold in my garage haha

2010 TornadoRed D675 Trackbike
~
post #43 of 84 Old 04-10-15, 01:40
Nastybutler
BOTM Winner

Thanks to Blair for getting in touch with me so fast and walking me through how to fix my issue! If you have one of these stands, you'd be wise to put some locktite on that pull knob preemptively (with the bike off the stand of course). Here's how to fix it if it happens to you:

If the bike is on the stand, this is an extra step you'll have to take and you'll need some help. If you have front and rear stands it makes this a lot easier as you'll only need two helpers (you might need to raise up the rear stand with some plywood under it. I did). Otherwise you'll need enough people to physically lift the bike up to get it off the stand. I happen to have the stands so had a couple helpers lift up on them enough to unload the weight off the side stand.

After that it's easy. Just tip the stand back so the pin comes out the shaft (you might have to bang it against the floor to get it to come out). Because of the spring, it won't come out far (as shown here):

But it's far enough you can use a fingernail to pull it out enough to grab it and pull it out further so that you can use needle nose pliers, or better yet needle nose vice grips, like so:

So that you can thread the pull knob back on, after applying locktite of course.

2012 Street Triple (Trinity) - Phantom Black
2014 Audi A5 - Scuba Blue

Trinity's Build Thread

Last edited by Nastybutler; 04-10-15 at 13:05. Reason: Fixing typos from posting this on my phone originally

post #44 of 84 Old 04-10-15, 01:51
MadMel

I had the same problem with mine... lost it on the way to the track. Nothing a washer and (loctited) nut field replacement couldn't take care of. Loctite... yes, as Knolly said... loctite that part.
post #45 of 84 Old 04-10-15, 08:57
biggziff

I'm on my 3rd SVRacing stand (S1KRR, Ducati and now 675) and they're great, IMO. Yes, the 675 does lean to the right when on the stand...some more than others.
post #46 of 84 Old 04-13-15, 23:19 Thread Starter
SV Racing Parts
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Thumbs up Paddock Style Side Lift Stand with Hydraulic Reservoir for Triumph 675 Models

Hi Everyone here are some images of the SV Racing Parts Side Lift Stand with 675 Pin Kits lifting both wheels up at the same time, Awesome!

I am just unloading the New Stands with Hydraulic Damper and Dolly Style Wheels Included for the Triumph 675 Models; Order yours now.

$249.95 Shipped Free to your door anywhere in the lower 48 of the USA. Super Shipping Rates everywhere else; We Ship Worldwide every day.

These are the new versions with Hydraulic Damper Assistance.

These are excellent parts that will serve you well,

Email me Directly at sales@svracingparts.com No PM Please I get too many requests and questions to be able to retain and recall the conversation threads the way I need to in order to serve and make sure everyone is looked after correctly and right away.

Visit me anytime at www.svracingparts.com

Let me know whenever you are ready, I still have a very limited number of these Super Stands in Stock and Ready to Ship Today,

Enjoy the ride, and best regards,
Blair

Last edited by SV Racing Parts; 07-01-15 at 12:23.
post #47 of 84 Old 05-04-15, 00:47
Knolly
BOTM Winner

So I had a bit of an incident today. I was moving the stand and the bike fell off of it. It sucked a decent amount, in terms of damage to the bike and the garage wall, but nothing catastrophic.

I had noticed the pin was starting to slide out more than it used to when I raised the bike... I ignored it since it seemed fairly stable. My mistake.

I'm thinking as a solution to ensure I never worry about it again is I could drill a hole through the pin slot on the bike and the pin itself, then stick a retaining pin in every time before I raise it. Seems like a pretty foolproof way to make sure I'd always rest easy in the future.

In my troubleshooting, I noticed something that I wanted to check with other people. Does everyone have thick white spacers like this only on the non-braked wheels?

2015 Ninja H2
2013 Street Triple - Sold - Egotistical Bike Thread
2009 Ninja 250 Track Bike - Sold
2009 Daytona 675 - Sold - Self-Indulgent Bike Thread
2008 Street Triple - Sold
post #48 of 84 Old 05-04-15, 09:05
biggziff

Some of the earlier stands (like for my S1000RR) came with cups that mounted on the bike and had slits in them to accept a clip presumably to hold the pin from sliding out of the cup. I'd say talk to Blair, but drilling a small hole probably won't be a big deal and would alleviate this.

My stand has the white spacers. I'm guessing it's to angle the stand more to help keep the lean to a minimum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knolly View Post
So I had a bit of an incident today. I was moving the stand and the bike fell off of it. It sucked a decent amount, in terms of damage to the bike and the garage wall, but nothing catastrophic.

I had noticed the pin was starting to slide out more than it used to when I raised the bike... I ignored it since it seemed fairly stable. My mistake.

I'm thinking as a solution to ensure I never worry about it again is I could drill a hole through the pin slot on the bike and the pin itself, then stick a retaining pin in every time before I raise it. Seems like a pretty foolproof way to make sure I'd always rest easy in the future.

In my troubleshooting, I noticed something that I wanted to check with other people. Does everyone have thick white spacers like this only on the non-braked wheels?

06 Daytona track bike
post #49 of 84 Old 05-04-15, 15:57
Nastybutler
BOTM Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knolly View Post

Yikes! This is my worst fear. Sorry to hear that. Now I'll be looking to drill the pin holes as well. Might be harder than it sounds to line them up though. Mine seems to be slowly getting further and further out on the pin, so a solution to this problem needs to be found soon.

2012 Street Triple (Trinity) - Phantom Black
2014 Audi A5 - Scuba Blue

Trinity's Build Thread
post #50 of 84 Old 05-04-15, 20:27
Knolly
BOTM Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastybutler View Post
Yikes! This is my worst fear. Sorry to hear that. Now I'll be looking to drill the pin holes as well. Might be harder than it sounds to line them up though. Mine seems to be slowly getting further and further out on the pin, so a solution to this problem needs to be found soon.
I'm pretty sure it would be 100% avoidable if I had paid attention, but now even with that I think I'll have trouble "trusting" the stand without the safety pin. I'm just going to remove the pin and pin slot, have someone drill straight through, and then line them up for install.

2015 Ninja H2
2013 Street Triple - Sold - Egotistical Bike Thread
2009 Ninja 250 Track Bike - Sold
2009 Daytona 675 - Sold - Self-Indulgent Bike Thread
2008 Street Triple - Sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement