2013 race ECU and harness - Page 2 - Triumph675.Net Forums
General 675 discussion Anything related to the Triumph 675 model(s), and miscellaneous motorcycle talk.

post #11 of 31 Old 01-11-17, 13:44
hzhong456

Quote:
Originally Posted by *GT* View Post
I recently acquired a 2014 675 with race ECU and harness. The donor bike was an ABS model. My Bazzaz software is not reading the proper gear position. Initially I thought it was a defective Gear Position Sensor so I installed a new one. Unfortunately that didn't resolve my issue. I think the next logical step is to troubleshoot the speed sensor, except I have no idea where to find the damn thing! Can you tell me more about the "additional speed sensor?" Where to find it, what it looks like, etc. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: I pulled up the Race Manuel and found some information regarding the speed sensor. If you any of you have dealt with a similar issue please feel free to chime in.
Sorry, I didn't see this post until now. On a stock bike, the speed sensor signal is provided by the ABS system. Since the Race ECU removes ABS, a new speed sensor needs to be installed. I believe the picture that MGFChapin is showing is the correct location of the new speed sensor location if you have the race ECU.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 31 Old 01-14-17, 19:51
*GT*

Garage
No worries and thanks for chiming in. After I wrote the message I did some more research I and I located the new speed sensor that comes with the ABS race harness. After a long discussion with Bazzaaz tech support we think the problem lies within their harness or module.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 Triumph Daytona 675 (track)
2008 KTM 990 Super Duke R (street)
post #13 of 31 Old 01-20-17, 13:25
pick

Garage
Is it possible to use the ABS race wiring harness with the stock ECU? I've got a 2016 675R (w/ABS) but am turning it into a dedicated track/race bike and if I can clean up the wiring a little (i.e. remove headlights, taillights, turn signals, etc.), I'd be in for that.

===
2016 675R (track-only)
OPRT | NWXPDTN

post #14 of 31 Old 01-20-17, 13:29
MGFChapin

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pick View Post
Is it possible to use the ABS race wiring harness with the stock ECU? I've got a 2016 675R (w/ABS) but am turning it into a dedicated track/race bike and if I can clean up the wiring a little (i.e. remove headlights, taillights, turn signals, etc.), I'd be in for that.
No. The race harness needs a race ECU. The bike will crank over with a stock ECU and race harness, but the fuel pump won't do its job since the immobilizer and ABS pump are disconnected.
The Following User Says Thank You to MGFChapin For This Useful Post:
pick (01-20-17)
post #15 of 31 Old 01-20-17, 13:36
pick

Garage
Ahh that makes sense. I'm not used to these techno-whiz bikes haha! Coming from a bare-bones race GSX-R that you could completely rewire with a few paperclips.

===
2016 675R (track-only)
OPRT | NWXPDTN
post #16 of 31 Old 01-20-17, 13:40
MGFChapin

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pick View Post
Ahh that makes sense. I'm not used to these techno-whiz bikes haha! Coming from a bare-bones race GSX-R that you could completely rewire with a few paperclips.
I hear you. I'm most recently coming off an SV650 that basically had a few wires to the dash, battery, ignition coils and injectors. That was about it. This 675 is like a Mars lander in comparison.
post #17 of 31 Old 03-14-17, 17:57
whirlybird

Alright dudes,
I am picking up a 2015 standard 675 later this week (non ABS). I comes with a kit harness and ECU that I need to install. I am having a hard time finding much information about tuning this thing. Obviously I am going to remove the SAI and EXUP. Does the kit ECU already have that stuff deleted? I won't have all the kit cams, valve springs, etc. but the bike is at my tuner's shop right now. Do I have to use the TRACS software to tune this on the dyno? Will Bazzaz or PC work with the kit ecu? Can they turn off the SAI/EXUP.

They've really gone and made this a pain with all the immobilizer, proprietary software stuff. My 2012 was simple and easy.

MRA #144

Sponsors:
Rider's Discount, Imperial Sportbikes,Un!nk Print works, Galfer USA

Bikes:
'12 D675R
'13 N300
post #18 of 31 Old 03-14-17, 18:34
MGFChapin

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlybird View Post
Alright dudes,
I am picking up a 2015 standard 675 later this week (non ABS). I comes with a kit harness and ECU that I need to install. I am having a hard time finding much information about tuning this thing. Obviously I am going to remove the SAI and EXUP. Does the kit ECU already have that stuff deleted? I won't have all the kit cams, valve springs, etc. but the bike is at my tuner's shop right now. Do I have to use the TRACS software to tune this on the dyno? Will Bazzaz or PC work with the kit ecu? Can they turn off the SAI/EXUP.

They've really gone and made this a pain with all the immobilizer, proprietary software stuff. My 2012 was simple and easy.
I'm amazed you actually found a 2015 without ABS. Yes, you can remove pretty much all the street/emissions stuff without throwing an error code. I removed all of the below, including the associated solenoids, connectors etc. and my dash is clear of any CEL.
SAI
EXUP
O2 sensor
Clutch switch
Kickstand
Radiator fan
Evap canister
ABS pump, sensors and lines
Immobilizer
Fuel level assembly inside the tank
Idle speed control (replaced with manual unit)

The 13+ race ECU's don't come with TRACS software. Your tuner will exclusively use the Bazzaz or PC and not only do they work great with the kit ECU, they're pretty much required.

I also bought an Ignition Module with my PC because the Triumph race manual warned that ignition timing would be drastically changed. My tuner, however, seemed to change very little to the ignition timing so this may not be absolutely necessary. I guess the main justification I have for the ignition module now is that it's the only way to lower the rev limit back to the stock 14,400 RPM. The kit ECU defaults to 15,500 with no way of changing it. I guess you could set your shift lights to scream at you at 14.4k, but I felt the IM was a cheap guarantee against dropping a valve.

Last edited by MGFChapin; 03-14-17 at 18:54.
The Following User Says Thank You to MGFChapin For This Useful Post:
whirlybird (03-14-17)
post #19 of 31 Old 03-14-17, 18:40
Plasmablaster

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGFChapin View Post
Idle speed control (replaced with manual unit)
May I ask what the purpose of this swap is?

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched their c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like... tears in rain. Time to die."

Roy Batty, Blade Runner.
post #20 of 31 Old 03-14-17, 18:47
MGFChapin

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasmablaster View Post
May I ask what the purpose of this swap is?
The kit ECU doesn't recognize the automatic idle control, and subsequently the harness has no connector for it. Theoretically you could leave it alone, but the motor will always idle at the default setting in the ECU, which would generally be too low for cold start-ups. The manual idle adjuster lets you warm the bike up faster, and as mentioned in another thread, you can set it higher to limit or even completely negate engine braking.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement