HELP!!!!! with paint - Triumph675.Net Forums

post #1 of 5 Old 01-16-13, 13:20 Thread Starter
andrewtriumph675

HELP!!!!! with paint

My 2006 daytona 675 has taken a beating on the fairings and i want to repaint them a matte black and have the subframe a red color like the 675r... Is their a certain paint i should use .. and the process? do i need to base coat clear coat that stuff..in other words can i just strip her paint her up and put her together again?

Live life in the fast lane or you will be passed by the few that do...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-16-13, 14:33
TRMN8TR

Are you attempting to paint these yourself? What is your level of paint experience?

They can be painted like any car bumper or other plastic piece. Add flex additive and yes they are base coat/clear coat.
post #3 of 5 Old 01-16-13, 14:43
Orangeman
BOTM Winner

You could use this stuff : http://www.aacustomshield.com/

Spray it, if you get tired of it just peal it off and do something else.

Or if you get chased by the man you can just pull off the road, peel, and "no officer, I didn't see a black bike go by"

.. My Bike.. ...has a new owner :(
post #4 of 5 Old 01-17-13, 04:47
louie3

I would take it to a painter if you're not that experienced with paint and want it to look good.
If its track/race fairings just rattle can it.

come join TheClymb http://www.theclymb.com/invite-from/LouieBruno

"Life is all about maximizing experiences and minimizing regrets, and the last thing you want is to regret the experiences you didn't have." -MadMel
post #5 of 5 Old 01-17-13, 06:28
Elite CT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewtriumph675 View Post
My 2006 daytona 675 has taken a beating on the fairings and i want to repaint them a matte black and have the subframe a red color like the 675r... Is their a certain paint i should use .. and the process? do i need to base coat clear coat that stuff..in other words can i just strip her paint her up and put her together again?
I can walk you through the process. It's actually easier than you would think with the mat, flat, and semi gloss colors. None of them use a clear coat. They do make some that are a base/clear but dont use them if your not experienced with painting. There is no need to strip the oem paint depending on how bad they are. If there is no rash on them then all u have to do is remove the sticker with a heat gun, the one on the tank will have to be sanded off cuz its under the clear coat. Use red scotch brite and THOROUGHLY scuff all the plastics until they are all a dull dull finish, do the same with the remainder of the tank. once all scuffed wash them with soap and water and let dry. Next use a product call PREPS ALL or equivalent and lint free paper towels and clean all parts. The tank is going to need to be primered if u sanded down to bare metal anywhere even if its a tiny spot!!! no deed to prime any panel that is not bare metal. Here is a link u can get any anll all paint supplies u could ever need. TCPGLOBAL.COM From here on in I need to know how u plan on painting, Do you have spray guns? where are you gonna paint them? let me know and Ill tell you where to go from here. I can even post some pics if it will help you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement