Optimal Racing fairings - Page 2 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > Track Days

Track Days Track days and other non-racing related track events

Old 01-16-13, 01:08   #11
Committee-X

sorry to thread-jack and resurrect this. I just got a set of OR kit for my 08 daytona. I tried to fit it over the bike to get the drilling started but realized that my fairing stay is narrower than the OR upper fairing, almost 3/4 inch. Has anyone experienced this? Is my fairing stay bent?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-13, 01:27   #12
43%burnt

unless you're bike has been down, it's probably the fairing. OR fairings are pretty decent for the price, but many have had fitment issues. i had to bend and tweak shit to get it to line up decent. i don't regret buying them though. they are just race fairings. i just don't understand paying twice the price for something that is considered expendable in a wreck.

anyway, try your best to line it up to at least mount the hardware to the bike. it may not look the greatest, but you do get what you pay for. if its ridiculously off, maybe contact the company you bought it from.

Old 01-16-13, 01:41   #13
Committee-X

Hi 43%burnt. My bike has been lowsided. So I supposes that is the reason. I just don't remember a whole lot of visible damage to that area. Is the OEM fairing stay easy to bent back? Hmm...or is it time to get a new one. But yeah for the price the OR bodykit is perfect for me, I don't need anything more fancier.

Old 01-16-13, 02:02   #14
43%burnt

you could probably bend it back. worth a try if its already bent.

Old 01-16-13, 13:10   #15
shouldnthave
BOTY Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Committee-X View Post
Hi 43%burnt. My bike has been lowsided. So I supposes that is the reason. I just don't remember a whole lot of visible damage to that area. Is the OEM fairing stay easy to bent back? Hmm...or is it time to get a new one. But yeah for the price the OR bodykit is perfect for me, I don't need anything more fancier.
It is cast, so it might snap if you get on it too hard. Here is how I fitted them to my R, as it was a bit off on my stay too.

Drill all the holes for the wind screen exactly where they have the dent.

Put all the rubbers for the wind screen in place

Press the body work in place (sans the rubber for the mirrors) over the wind screen, and start to put the screws in from the bottom up (you might/ most likely need longer 4MM screws from the ace hardware). It will be hard the first time, but it will all bend into place.

After you get it, then drill to two back on the motor to hold the whole thing in place.

It you still can't get it to fit, buy the Motorholder stay from TJ. It is only two screws, and super easy to deal with.

Good luck!

My Girl: http://www.triumph675.net/forum/showthread.php?t=76881

Old 01-16-13, 18:02   #16
R675Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43%burnt View Post
you could probably bend it back. worth a try if its already bent.
i don't think you can bend the stock fairing stay that easy. i rmember mine cracked after a lowside on my old bike. i ended up getting a vortex fairing stay for my track plastics. i would invest in one cuz they're pretty expensive. and the vortex fairing stay was alot lighter

Old 01-16-13, 20:08   #17
wavrdr

My Optimal bodywork lined up quite well! I do have aftermarket front/rear sub-frames though...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	541853_4410950789025_559575666_n.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	133.6 KB
ID:	34989  
CCS #159
MWSS, MWSB National Champ!!
GTU, MWSS, MWSB, HWSS Regional Champ!!

Apex Race Services-TT Motorsports-Ballistik Race Apparel-Bell Helmets-Renthal-FuelClothing.com-RynoPower-Spy-Amsoil-Pirelli Tires

Old 01-17-13, 02:05   #18
Committee-X

I tried hammering, pulling them apart, and using shouldnthave method, but it still won't get close. Looks like it's time for aftermarket fairing stay...bad time to be financially broke :(

Old 01-17-13, 08:05   #19
kmo

mine lined up well also. The only tricky part is the windshield/stay area. That took some adjustment to get all the holes to line up but nothing crazy.

Old 01-29-13, 22:38   #20
R675Soldier

Default Re: Optimal Racing fairings

I have a 12 675R. If I get these OR plastics then I would need an 06 - 08 windscreen? Also what aftermarket fairing stay will fit the windscreen plus the OR plastics? Would there be any problem mounting the stock gauges?

Sent from my EVO

Sponsored Links
Advertisement