Recommend a clip-on? - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > The Street Triple 675!

Old 01-10-13, 02:31   #1
FongP

Default Recommend a clip-on?

Can someone recommend a good clip on... or... the BEST clip on? lol. It seems everyone has the Apex clip ons, but they are running into problems with fitment. Is there something that works better?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-13, 02:52   #2
Triumph Race Support

Problem with fitting clip ons to the Street is they then bang into the clock assembly. Theres lots of good clip ons out there but I think you will get the same problem with them all! What you really need to do is limit the steering lock or theres a kit that moves the whole clock/headlight mount forward about an inch. That looks rank so I'd go for limiting the steering lock. We do a lock plate for this for the daytona but unfortunately it only fits the street with mods. The Daytona mounts using the top and bottom holes on the front of the frame which is where out lock stop picks up. Where as the Street uses the top and middle holes. It can be done with a bit of a bodge. We have designed a new lock stop but its not in production yet and at the moment I can't justify the expense of getting them produced.
I know it doesn answer your question but at least you know the problem lol

Old 01-10-13, 11:50   #3
Superhawk

Just turn the bars over... :) Or get a fine set of those clubman bars they used on the Buell...

Just kidding... good luck with the clipon's...

Old 01-10-13, 12:29   #4
TRMN8TR

Go to Apex's site and look at the new GP clip ons. They mount to the side of the fork instead of in front of it. I think this would solve your clearance issue. Plus Jason DiSalvo says they're awesome...

Old 01-10-13, 15:26   #5
AndySTR

Try LSL clipons like the ones fitted to this Jack Lilley one off.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ace-675CR-...item460b381501

http://www.jacklilley.com/buy/LSL-LS...n-Bars/150T033

Old 01-11-13, 03:38   #6
FongP

Nice, those apex GP clip ons look interesting. It think I'll give em a try.

Old 01-11-13, 16:27   #7
Sp00ky

Not much use to street triple riders, they only come in 48mm or 52mm, and the streety fork size is 50mm... otherwise I would purchase a set myself.

I'm currently using the height adjustable Apex clip-on's flipped upside down.

The non adjustable height Apex clip-on's won't work on my bike because the clocks get in the way, and I don't want to have to move the clocks forward just to get clearance for them.

These new GP Apex ones look like they could work if they came in the right fork size, but ... alas, they don't.

S.

Last edited by Sp00ky; 01-11-13 at 16:35.

Old 01-11-13, 22:08   #8
FongP

I emailed Apex about the size problem. I'll keep ya'll posted on what they say. Maybe they will cut us a deal for a multi-order. =)

Old 01-11-13, 22:27   #9
Slowpoke675

I have Renthal clip-ons on my Striple. As someone mentioned, there is a clearance issue. I fiddled around with them and settled at a spot where they right clip on would move the gauge cluster about 2cm at full lock. This doesn't bother me too much, but the brake/clutch lines are pretty long to accommodate the handlebar. With my clip-ons, the lines have A LOT of movement and after 2 years they have rubbed off some of the silver paint on my cluster.

Old 01-16-13, 13:56   #10
jason68278

Ive been looking into this as well and hopfully I will have it done by the spring, so im interested in how this works out for you. I was checking out apex website today and it now has 50mm listed for the GP's, of course I didnt go throught with the complete purchase so it may still be unavailable.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement